LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Im working at a mountain lodge hauling ppl up from town via a tracked buggy. Because reasons, its an unpaid job that we can't bill guests for.

The scenery is beautiful. Its super quiet, except when I drive by. :)

If barely getting paid, this sounds like a decent job. Stingy tippers, though. You'd expect more from monied resort-goers :rolleyes:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Decided on a roof top cargo box for my GTI, and found one secondhand but still new in box locally for a good price. Thule Force XT size L. Actually managed to (barely) fit it inside my GTI to transport home. Was also looking at Yakima's equivalent, but found the deal on this one first.

Need to decide on exactly which roof rack I want. Probably just VW oem since they're a fair bit cheaper, and made by Thule so seem like good quality.

Will show you all my rack and box when I get the rack.

Unless they all think its included...

Everything you tip for is "included"... Tips are, by definition, extra on what you've already paid for.

Services are tippable (tippable?), whether or not it's an all-inclusive spot, unless it explicitly says no tipping.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Services are tippable (tippable?), whether or not it's an all-inclusive spot, unless it explicitly says no tipping.

"No tipping" has always been a central tenet of the business model at some resorts ... e.g. Club Med.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I agree. I cant think of anywhere I've been that has a strict anti tipping policy.

A lot of Grocery stores have those policies, Baggers can't accept tips for taking the bags out to your car, or they will get fired.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

A lot of Grocery stores have those policies, Baggers can't accept tips for taking the bags out to your car, or they will get fired.

Never heard of that. I also have never had someone bring my damn groceries to my car. Nor do I frequent places that would force this upon me.

Never heard of that. I also have never had someone bring my damn groceries to my car. Nor do I frequent places that would force this upon me.

Publix in Florida. They offer all the time. You can't tip them either.

---

Don't start because it's so convenient, I'm going to have trouble going back to in-store shopping. I love not having to shop for 1.5 hours at the store. I pull up to the delivery area and I'm gone in 10 minutes. It's not forced, you can go inside all you like, it's just a time-saver.

Pull up delivery is totally different.

We do order ahead. They just cart them out to your trunk. I don't even talk to anyone.

But when you're at the cashier, and they ask if you need help going out to your car... You best actually need help. :lol:

Pull up delivery is totally different.

We do order ahead. They just cart them out to your trunk. I don't even talk to anyone.

But when you're at the cashier, and they ask if you need help going out to your car... You best actually need help. :lol:

They actually had a policy at Safeway where your bagger had to ask you if you need help out to your car. This always struck me as funny being a fit person and having them ask if I needed help.

Baggers are something unique formthe US. Here you'll have to bag your own stuff.

453747.png

Baggers are something unique formthe US. Here you'll have to bag your own stuff.

Theres a small supermarket chain out this way that will offer to bring it out for you. They kinda profile you first though. They wouldn't offer it to a dude checking out two six packs.

They actually had a policy at Safeway where your bagger had to ask you if you need help out to your car. This always struck me as funny being a fit person and having them ask if I needed help.

I say yes to all the hot girls. Slap them on the ass as they push my cart.

---