LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

A neighbor has a Ridgeline. I like it a lot. Unless you're towing, or actually hauling heavy shit (dirt, cinderblocks, bags of ready mix, etc.), it's probably all the truck you need.

**** you and your neighbors ridgeline. :lol:

When you buy a truck... I Mean, when you make the conscious decision that a truck is the direction you're going in... Buy the truck one up from what you need. I mean, you're already buying something that y9ou can talk yourself out of... home depot rentals, friends trucks, etc... If you're not ready, don't buy it. But when you are ready.... Do the right thing.

I have a 2nd gen Ridgeline. I opted for it over the Colorado because I have a carseat for the munchkin. It's also comfortable, and handles well for a truck. The trunk in the back is massive and always useful. There's definitely a stigma around it where I live, but f*ck the haters.

If you call the bed a 'trunk', you don't have a truck. :lol:

Otherwise, i'll allow it, mostly because your not fulton! :lol:

Definitely strongly leaning truck, midsize would probably be enough for my needs. Really digging the looks of the Colorado.

Girlfriend has been balking at the idea of a truck but I think she'll come around. Her issue is mostly environmental. I don't need all the space for my job, which is the bulk of my driving, so it would be kind of a waste of fuel.

We do eventually want a couple kayaks, and like you said with bikes on the roof, would be a pain loading yaks on a roof. And we'll be moving into a bigger house with a yard, so gardening/landscaping, other projects...so we'd get good use out of a truck.

Guess if I want to go that route, I'll just have to get it before we get engaged/married so she doesn't have as much of a say lol

The full size crew cab is the way to go if you have a kid. If not, the taco/Colorado platform is great.

I would have gotten the full size bed with the crew cab if my garage could fit it.... But it couldn't. So the crew cab and the short bed is still the ultimate combo. Makes family vacations amazing. Road trips... Picking up materials, etc. It's an amazing resource. I love the audi, but the truck is fantastic.

Same old! Still have the BRZ, 60k miles on her now, but have been distracted lately by old 944's... fun cars to mess with. How goes it here? Usual suspects still hanging out? How's everyone been??

Fidel is back too, I see. Merry Christmas, LGT :lol:

I see the car fetish is strong! Most of the (un)usuals are still here. Seems like years since you checked so I don't know if you heard we lost KRB almost 2 years now, I think.

I have joined jj and TFH in the twin terb realm, as you can see to the left. 05 wagon is gone and spec b is the DD.

Happy 2021!

Ridgeline definitely seems like it would check my boxes as far as utility and such. Just looks lame, sorry dish lol

The Ridgeline bed has a built-in trunk below the bedfloor - pic from Honda's website - nice looking feature:

5c2cf935507639b492ad9702b1cd9f97.jpg

Edited by stm25rs

... like paying for a hooker then just talking to her.

Hmmmm ... That's beyond the scope of my personal experience.

I did once work for a guy who would occasionally rent a hotel room, hire a dozen or so hookers, and pay them to listen to him talk while he drank himself into oblivion. I never understood that, except the apparent loneliness and depression.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I see the car fetish is strong! Most of the (un)usuals are still here. Seems like years since you checked so I don't know if you heard we lost KRB almost 2 years now, I think.

I have joined jj and TFH in the twin terb realm, as you can see to the left. 05 wagon is gone and spec b is the DD.

Happy 2021!

I'm sorry to hear about KRB :(

I haven't been on in about 3 years, as I was working long/odd hours, and not doing much with cars, having sold the spec B in '17. When I bought my BRZ I promised I'd keep it stock until off warranty (which is now up, hmm). The pandemic has ended my tennis coaching gig for the foreseeable future, so I've been getting back into cars to pass the time. It's been a nice distraction!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• I Donated
**** you and your neighbors ridgeline. [emoji38]

When you buy a truck... I Mean, when you make the conscious decision that a truck is the direction you're going in... Buy the truck one up from what you need. I mean, you're already buying something that y9ou can talk yourself out of... home depot rentals, friends trucks, etc... If you're not ready, don't buy it. But when you are ready.... Do the right thing.

I'm still waiting for my father-in-law to get rid of his 2014 Silverado V6 WT RCSB so I can scoop it up for trade-in value.

Last time I checked it was already below $7k.

If you call the bed a 'trunk', you don't have a truck. [emoji38]

Otherwise, i'll allow it, mostly because your not fulton! [emoji38]

As stm posted, there is literally a trunk below the bed.

Even has drain holes so you can fill it with ice and use it as a cooler, which I thought was pretty cool.

Also, *you're :hide:

I'm still waiting for my father-in-law to get rid of his 2014 Silverado V6 WT RCSB so I can scoop it up for trade-in value.

Last time I checked it was already below $7k.

As stm posted, there is literally a trunk below the bed.

Even has drain holes so you can fill it with ice and use it as a cooler, which I thought was pretty cool.

Also, *you're :hide:

I hate you.

Ridgeline is fine. As I've said before, short of being a contractor, owning a truck is kinda like owning a sportscar, you can definitely still get along just fine without one. But, if you're going to jump over that line and get a truck, get one that's a truck IMO. I quickly debated on the V6 over the 8. but why not get the 8. Perhaps if I drove a boat load of miles, but the 8 has a lot more towing and hauling capabilities. So I decided to go all in, and get a truck that would do most 'truck things.' I do wish the bed was the next size up, but oh well.

Man, being a WT with a 6 cylinder must really murder the value. The dealer just offered me $33,500 for my 16.

On my mind....

A potential Xbox Series X purchase (or PS5 /new PC etc) is completely justifiable as a 'mental health purchase' at this point because it's a safe way to have social interactions with friends and family.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Dude, you've been talking about this purchase for like 1.5 months now. WTF?! :lol:

I check daily for ps5 stock. As soon as I can get one, I'll grab one.

Simmer down JJ, I had to get a new TV first and that was $$$ :lol:

**** you and your neighbors ridgeline. :lol:

If you call the bed a 'trunk', you don't have a truck. :lol:

Otherwise, i'll allow it, mostly because your not fulton! :lol:

The bed has a trunk in it. It locks and you can fit at least two bodies in it. That’s what I was referring to.

Brought to you by Pfizer

It's going to be a snack night new years at my house. We're going to make a bunch of appetizers (spread out evenly throughout the afternoon and night). I'll have a few of those great IPAs too, perhaps the King Sue from Toppling Goliath or the Dr. Lupulin (triple) from Revision. Later I'll probably be on xbox with some friends. Nothing exciting but we'll still have fun, you know how it is.

• I Donated
I hate you.

:wub:

I quickly debated on the V6 over the 8. but why not get the 8. Perhaps if I drove a boat load of miles, but the 8 has a lot more towing and hauling capabilities.

Yeah, my FIL is a commercial real estate appraiser and has to drive to properties all over upper New England (I believe he appraises in NH, VT, ME, and MA). So he got the V6 for fuel economy. He likes the ergonomics of the truck for the long drives, and the bed for taking shit to the dump, since they don't have trash/recycling pickup in Live-Free-Or-Die-Land. :lol:

Man, being a WT with a 6 cylinder must really murder the value. The dealer just offered me $33,500 for my 16.

Yeah, it's basically base-of-the-base. It's also RWD. Plus I think he's close to or over 100k by now.

But, I just checked, and as with every other vehicle, COVID has seriously driven up the value. Looks like it might be back over $10k now. :spin: