LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Started listening to A Brave New World on the drive home. It was actually making me physically uncomfortable.

Burnt the F out, and need to take a vacation. What a crap time to try to take one, especially solo. Sigh.

I sure as hell hope the economy doesn't tank next year, but it is hard to see how it won't.

I listened to one economic analyst on the radio this morning break down the projected US revenue numbers for 2021. Basically the gross tax revenue is expected to pay for about half of the annual 2021 Federal budget, I said "Half". We need to get the economy going pronto, I'm not talking about the industries that are doing well, I'm talking about the rest of the economy, Restaurants, Hotels, Tourism, Live entertainment and so on.

Also, if this second stimulus does not pass, we're very likely in for a 5 year recession. If it passes, the recession will instead be about 1 year.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Thursday night, asked if I was going to watch the debate....nope, making tacos, drinking beer and flying starships. Sounds like a better time then watching two assholes argue about nothing while practically sidestepping every important question voters have about healthcare, the economy, and so on.

Tacos, beer, and starships = the clear winner.

Negra Modelo w/tacos...

What model starship are you piloting? Any performance mods?

I have close to 30 ships but most likely it will be my Krait MK II tonight, this one is not mine but it looks very close to mine. Hopefully everyone will show up tonight, we are training up a new pilot.

maxresdefault.jpg

For the beer, I'm still trying to get through my fresh hop beers, bought another one yesterday and laughed at the name, Sofa King Fresh IPA from Payette Brewing co :lol:, mostly likely will drink this tonight. No idea if it's any good.

Resized_20201021_204114-1.thumb.jpg.8fdfa6fd39230932c2af8e535cfeceed.jpg

Edited by DickDastardly00

I see we're doing make believe

I should mention the new recruit was my Best Man, and a HS friend from way back in the day. Most of the people I play with are old school friends. I mean we'd get together and throw a badass BBQ like we did in Aug 2019 (and were going to do again this year) but Covid put a damper on those things. At least we can get together virtually on the Xbox.

It ain't' BBQ, but it's still a good time.

I have close to 30 ships but most likely it will be my Krait MK II tonight, this one is not mine but it looks very close to mine. Hopefully everyone will show up tonight, we are training up a new pilot.

maxresdefault.jpg

For the beer, I'm still trying to get through my fresh hop beers, bought another one yesterday and laughed at the name, Sofa King Fresh IPA from Payette Brewing co :lol:, mostly likely will drink this tonight. No idea if it's any good.

I'm bummed. Was thinking you built an r/c starship and were flying it.

I'll bite, tho. What's the game? and requirements to play?

I'm bummed. Was thinking you built an r/c starship and were flying it.

I'll bite, tho. What's the game? and requirements to play?

Elite Dangerous is a PC game (also Available on Xbox One and Playstation 4), I'm playing it on Xbox. It's not a demanding game (unless you want to play in VR), a potato should be able to run it.

To play Elite Dangerous you will need a minimum CPU equivalent to an Intel Celeron J1900. Whereas, an AMD FX-4350 Quad-Core is recommended in order to run it. You will need at least 25 GB of free disk space to install Elite Dangerous. Provided that you have at least an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 graphics card you can play the game. But, according to the developers the recommended graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770. The minimum memory requirement for Elite Dangerous is 6 GB of RAM installed in your computer. If possible, make sure your have 8 GB of RAM in order to run Elite Dangerous to its full potential.

Elite Dangerous will run on PC system with Windows 7/8/10 64-bit and upwards. Additionally it has a Linux version.

Looking for an upgrade? Try our easy to use Elite Dangerous set up guides to find the best, cheapest cards. Filter for Elite Dangerous graphics card comparison and CPU compare. We'll help you find the best deal for the right gear to run the game.

elite-dangerous-system-requirements-graph.png Elite Dangerous System Requirements - Can You Run Elite Dangerous?

Elite Dangerous Mac OS system requirements (minimum)

• Memory:6 GB
  • Graphics Card:NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
  • CPU:Intel Core i5-6300HQ
  • File Size:8 GB

I can't get into these games. I play mlb the show with my kid, or gta sometimes (not with my kid) ... But that's it. If I had time and the desire to sit longer, id love to play COD or something like that. Those are fun.

I can't get into these games. I play mlb the show with my kid, or gta sometimes (not with my kid) ... But that's it. If I had time and the desire to sit longer, id love to play COD or something like that. Those are fun.

you can come to my neighborhood and play COD for real. When covid hit the prisons, the governor released the prisoners because keeping them locked up was a death sentence. We're in a defund the cops city, so first person shooters are a real thing.

you can come to my neighborhood and play COD for real. When covid hit the prisons, the governor released the prisoners because keeping them locked up was a death sentence. We're in a defund the cops city, so first person shooters are a real thing.

Is Penguin in this thread? @Penguin :lol::lol:

This peacock shit is hilarious, apparently his name is Tony and he's roaming around the willow park neighborhood being a peeping tom. The posts are friggin' comedic gold. Here's one

Screensho1.thumb.jpg.e8ad9d278c2dd38ab14432af89b23dd2.jpg

IMG_22771.thumb.jpg.8d47a93147c750135357e0d54c88da6e.jpg

Oh hey I'm on elite dangerous.

Been playing for at least a few years, I think since 2016, it quickly became one of my favorites. Had fun this weekend in a wing with friends, we're teaching the new one how to mine asteroids next.

----

Was at the store picking up a few things and it was packed to normal levels, people seem pretty over covid, surging cases be damned. All had masks on, but people aren't going to keep staying home anymore, it's like IDGAF time or something. My local beer store is also a bar, business levels have ticked up noticeably there too.

At November 9th it's Hedy Lamarr Day.

220px-Hedy_Lamarr_in_The_Heavenly_Body_1944.jpg

Many may know about her as an actress, but she was actually a pretty sharp woman intellectually too.

During World War II, Lamarr learned that radio-controlled torpedoes, an emerging technology in naval war, could easily be jammed and set off course.[52] She thought of creating a frequency-hopping signal that could not be tracked or jammed. She conceived an idea and contacted her friend, composer and pianist George Antheil, to help her implement it.[53] Together they developed a device for doing that, when he succeeded by synchronizing a miniaturized player-piano mechanism with radio signals.[39] They drafted designs for the frequency-hopping system, which they patented.[54][55] Antheil recalled:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

453747.png