LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

We got one of the skeleton dogs for halloween and set it outside with the motion sensor turned on. Watching delivery drivers on the ring is entertaining. I feel bad, I really do. The dog is under a bush and only visible walking back down the steps.

fast forward to this morning. We're getting gale force winds and Noah's Ark quantities of rain. The lights are flickering. The huskies are getting nervous and huddling in their crates. I'm being an internet warrior because I can. Then I hear this eerie howling. Hair gets prickly. House gets really quiet (huskies are always moving). The weather outside slacks a bit. I hear it again. Oh, its skeletor howling because the waves of rains are shaking his tree.

We got one of the skeleton dogs for halloween and set it outside with the motion sensor turned on. Watching delivery drivers on the ring is entertaining. I feel bad, I really do. The dog is under a bush and only visible walking back down the steps.

fast forward to this morning. We're getting gale force winds and Noah's Ark quantities of rain. The lights are flickering. The huskies are getting nervous and huddling in their crates. I'm being an internet warrior because I can. Then I hear this eerie howling. Hair gets prickly. House gets really quiet (huskies are always moving). The weather outside slacks a bit. I hear it again. Oh, its skeletor howling because the waves of rains are shaking his tree.

Apparently it was pretty localized, My co-worker lives in Redmond and got none of it this morning. Us, on the other hand, had Thunder directly over the house and lightning along with the torrential buckets of rain. The kids jumped directly out of bed, it was a better alarm clock than anything.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Black licorice sucks so bad that instead of washing a kid's mouth out with soap for cussing, they should be made to eat Black Licorice as a punishment instead. It is evil, that is all.

I enjoy quality licorice as a sweet treat. Interestingly, I don't like anise or fennel in foods served as staples, i.e., not dessert/treats. I don't like that damned Sambvvvvvvvca either! JJ?

Jagermeister?

My wife's favorite shot was Jager. She hasn't had it in years.

Back in the day, on the right night, id consume those shots in double digits. Gross in hindsight.

I hadn't had sambuca in 15 years till this summer. My FIL requested it, so I had one at the end of the night. For several nights lol. It's not horrible when having one.

Beer. Gin. Wine. Sometimes bourbon. I don't mind other liquors in the right presentation.

I was taking a poop once in a bathroom stall, looked to my right and etched into the paint, just above the toilet paper dispenser was this:

God is great

Man is not

Man made Liquor

God made Pot

For medical reasons alone this is true

My new-to-me sister, who I’ve only spent about 2 weeks total with since I met her last year, has asked me on an epic sisters road trip. I am flying to PHX next Thursday, and she and I are driving her crappy old Ford Flex [emoji849] to Spokane WA. We are staying at a hip camp, an AirBNB, and state park cabins. So, if you never hear from me again, you’ll know she was a psycho killer (she’s not). We’ll spend a day at their home in Maricopa so I get to hug my sweet little nieces and her husband. I’m really excited though have had a sore throat for a couple of days. Just to be safe I’m getting a Covid test this Friday. Better safe than sorry! DNA is an amazing thing.

Black licorice sucks so bad that instead of washing a kid's mouth out with soap for cussing, they should be made to eat Black Licorice as a punishment instead. It is evil, that is all.

Watch out, there are people that likes it. Salt licorice, salmiakki and turkish pepper is something some people get stuck on. Maybe they have Finnish heritage then.

JJBerk - I hope you'll get an awesome time!

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

My new-to-me sister, who I’ve only spent about 2 weeks total with since I met her last year, has asked me on an epic sisters road trip. I am flying to PHX next Thursday, and she and I are driving her crappy old Ford Flex [emoji849] to Spokane WA. We are staying at a hip camp, an AirBNB, and state park cabins. So, if you never hear from me again, you’ll know she was a psycho killer (she’s not). We’ll spend a day at their home in Maricopa so I get to hug my sweet little nieces and her husband. I’m really excited though have had a sore throat for a couple of days. Just to be safe I’m getting a Covid test this Friday. Better safe than sorry! DNA is an amazing thing.

What a great trip. So many cool places to see along the way.

I was taking a poop once in a bathroom stall, looked to my right and etched into the paint, just above the toilet paper dispenser was this:

God is great

Man is not

Man made Liquor

God made Pot

For medical reasons alone this is true

You and BBV have something in common.

My wife's balls are delicious.

What a great trip. So many cool places to see along the way.

I want to do basically the inverse of this trip someday soon, maybe to Glacier in Montana, perhaps further east after that.

I want to do basically the inverse of this trip someday soon, maybe to Glacier in Montana, perhaps further east after that.

I drove someone's lgt sedan from burien to pittsburgh a couple of years ago. I90 due east in about 3.5 days. The pennsylvania turnpike in a fast car is one of those life experiences that you always remember. No radar, just hammer down. :cool:

Seattle to Glacier by train is a fun trip. Hwy 2 will take you from Monroe to the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan.

Seattle to Cape North, Nova Scotia is 3 days. If you do that, I recommend as many border crossings as possible. You'll get all kinds of valuable information about border security...sigh. It's been 30 years and I still can't go to Canada. 6 crossings in 3 days in a bright red brand new thunderbird. The last crossing, they wanted to put the car on a lift and strip it. I still feel bad about not having any drugs with me. They tried so hard to find something.

I drove someone's lgt sedan from burien to pittsburgh a couple of years ago. I90 due east in about 3.5 days. The pennsylvania turnpike in a fast car is one of those life experiences that you always remember. No radar, just hammer down. :cool:

Seattle to Glacier by train is a fun trip. Hwy 2 will take you from Monroe to the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan.

Seattle to Cape North, Nova Scotia is 3 days. If you do that, I recommend as many border crossings as possible. You'll get all kinds of valuable information about border security...sigh. It's been 30 years and I still can't go to Canada. 6 crossings in 3 days in a bright red brand new thunderbird. The last crossing, they wanted to put the car on a lift and strip it. I still feel bad about not having any drugs with me. They tried so hard to find something.

You should have stuck some dead roadkill under the car right before the inspection. Nasty but it would have been great to throw them off the track.

453747.png

I hate 2020. Tired every night, want to crash at 8pm (but I don't) Fatigue with just about everything work related. Being in Aviation is literally the worst right now, trying to hang in there but it's getting harder each day when all you see is everything crumbling.

I see this every day working for the SBA. We see a recession next year when all the government funding ends and the businesses tries to recoup. So far I have been seeing several businesses being bought out and several applying for BK. The first of next year will tell the true story of how this economy is going to last, it doesn't look good.
My wife's balls are delicious.