LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

I will never forget learning most of Van Halen 1 when I was just 11 years old. There was a period of time there that Eddie had a big impact on me , probably until I reached High school, the formative years. After that I started going back musically a lot further to Pink Floyd, Jimi, The Beatles, Cream and so on.

Guys like Eddie weren't just another good guitarist, he changed the way people played the instrument, he was tremendously impactful. That is how he will be remembered the most, not just as a virtuoso, but as a game-changer. RIP Edward Lodewijk Van Halen

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

The first song I learned to play on electric guitar was Running with the Devil. though I never met him, EVH was like a mentor to me. Reading his son's tribute to his dad was heartbreaking too. Glad I got to see him live once in the 90's, it was a good show, Van Hagar, but I like that iteration of the band too. Oh and Alice N chains opened for them, damn good live too. Edited by DickDastardly00

The first song I learned to play on electric guitar was Running with the Devil. though I never met him, EVH was like a mentor to me. Reading his son's tribute to his dad was heartbreaking too. Glad I got to see him live once in the 90's, it was a good show, Van Hagar, but I like that iteration of the band too. Oh and Alice N chains opened for them, damn good live too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqb09pk7s0c]RIP - Eddie Van Halen - Ep. 7.041 - YouTube[/ame]

453747.png

I love expensive plumbing emergencies to the tune of $1300, aren't they great? The water main line was leaking underneath my driveway, thankfully it was only a foot and a half in under the concrete driveway. If it was, say underneath the middle, then you're talking about way more expensive solutions like boring machines.

I dug most of it out last night but still couldn't locate the leaking pipe, I went about 2 ft down and about a foot underneath but that wasn't enough, need to go another 6 inches and I would've had it

did the water leak result in any damage?

Other than my wallet, no damage. The city said I was losing 75 gallons an hour, it was a just little pin hole leak too. The piping used was good quality stuff too, it should last up to 50 years (my house is 15 years old), but stuff happens I guess. I pulled out some large rocks that were basically sitting on top of it, probably why it leaked.

I just helped my father-in-law repair his main water line today.

The builder of the house 50yrs ago thought it was fine to run it 3ft from a young tree.

That tree is now 2.5ft in diameter and the 10" diameter roots just popped a PVC coupling.

Dug a nice hole, cut out a 2ft section and replaced with a chunk of PEX for now.

Long term, he's going to likely need to route an arc around the tree (or cut it down).

• I Donated
That's how our stores were like 4 months ago.
I read that the biggest reason for the shortages was packaging. Apparently beer was a big one. Everyone stopped drinking from kegs at bars and started getting six-packs of cans, and that resulted in major can shortages. Same thing happened to various non-perishable staples, cleaning products, etc.

I read different info RE cleaning supplies. They increased production to the max. However that still wasnt adequate. No one was ready to pull the trigger on additional facilities as they had no idea what the hell was going on and how long this would last.

One of my customers is a Clorox plant, where they make and package various liquid bleach products (don't do the wipes at this plant). They've ramped up production and still can't meet demand.

On the beer side, I saw one of the local breweies, DuClaw, has resorted to scrounging up any cans they can. For their Sweet Baby Jesus this year, they got some excess stock cans I think from a cider place, that already had colorful labels, so they're just slapping their label over top

e24b588f33d204fe9965bf740a7d2c3e.jpg

Edited by stm25rs

I guess I should fill up my growler more often then.

Moving day at work, going to a better building, packing up dishes now. I have a lot of memories here, worked with many good folks, going to be weird. But my new office has a badass view of mt Rainer