LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Just some stock spec b parts...and a sump pump...

Got the Fall/ Halloween decorations down for my wife. Not sure what the point really is this year since we likely won't have any trick or treaters.

I'm sure some virtual trend will rear itself, remote Halloween or whatever. I'll ignore that trash and try to organize something else for the kids instead, like trick or treating just the neighbors or the cousins.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

If you don't have anything of value in your basement, it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

I figure that's what insurance is for. In my first house, the water heater failed the morning i left on my honeymoon. water everywhere. turned it off along with water supply to the house. It was July. We got home 3 weeks later. Insurance bitched alit but they paid out.

26.5 y/o water heater here. ServiceStar. I better go check it...

In my parents old house there's a water heater installed in the mid 80's. It was still working fine when they sold the house. But it was electrically powered with a 3-phase 400V element.

453747.png

I figure that's what insurance is for. In my first house, the water heater failed the morning i left on my honeymoon. water everywhere. turned it off along with water supply to the house. It was July. We got home 3 weeks later. Insurance bitched alit but they paid out.

Ballsy lol... if your failure to mitigate resulted in additional damage, they could have likely denied that portion of the claim.

Ballsy lol... if your failure to mitigate resulted in additional damage, they could have likely denied that portion of the claim.

There was a bit of a discussion. I was walking out the door to catch my flight. When they got huffy about it, I offered to call the insurance commissioner and a lawyer so we could discuss the issue. It came down to the interpretation of "vacation". They felt "not working" and I felt "not at home". 10 minutes later, I wouldn't have been able to turn off the heater or the water. The house would have been destroyed.

We no longer use that company as the experience was a real turn off. Our current one is worse, so karma caught up with us. Our house flooded last december and we're still "living" with everything on one floor.

Edited by boxkita

Supposed to be 75 and sunny here this weekend. Warmer than your summer.

:lol:

We usually have a few weeks in the upper 80's- low 90's in the Summer, which is fine with me. Just glad I don't have to shovel snow for 6 months out of the year.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song