LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Apostrophe/Overnight Sensation, One Size Fits All and Roxy and Elsewhere are prolly in my top tier. Instrumentals like Blessed Relief and Eat That Question are great.

And I plan to poop tomorrow, while on my cell phone.

Obfuscated C and other language peculiarities ...

“The wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.” ~ Rdml. Grace Hopper

attachment.php?attachmentid=268466&d=1536080598

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Google and Apple can both drop off a cliff as far as I'm concerned. They're both monopolistic, just bad if not worse than what Microsoft was in the 90's. That being said, this Epic games/ Fortnite battle with these two companies is about to bleed into other mobile games and get much bigger. Grab some popcorn, the lawyers are coming.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Google and Apple can both drop off a cliff as far as I'm concerned. They're both monopolistic ...

In the end, monopolies ... public or private ... are never benign. You can quote me on that.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The real question with this battle of corporations between Epic Games, Google and Apple is this:

As a platform, what is a fair percentage to charge customers to use said platform? That seems to be what this fight is really about. Right now they are being stupid and counter productive while all parties involved are losing potential sales. They need to bring in a mediator and reach a compromise,

Cliffnotes:

What led to this is they were charging a 30% cut for all transactions, Epic games got pissed and cut out the middle man (Google- Apple) and made the currency available directly through an in-game menu. Google/Apple then got pissed and dropped Epic Games from their platforms, all new updates and purchases are no longer available.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song