LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Florida beaches and the wetlands and inland freshwater is pretty.

Just kind of redundant though.

I like the variety of stuff we have in Maryland. Beaches, mountains, rivers, rolling hills, the bay.

A little bit of everything (except desert), but kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

Yep. The seasons make you appreciate things a bit more. Though I will say, being dragged to florida for a few days in February or March isn't the worst thing in the world (if you're there for the right reasons).

I'll put it like this, if my wife's twin relocates there or the Spokane area then the pressure will be on to move, and there isn't much really holding me back either. We've been organizing the house, kind of getting it ready just in case. I don't know if I want to move after the school year starts, but I'm not ruling it out either. I really like the Sandpoint area, Spokane Valley, and Colbert areas are nice too. We have tons of family there, lots of babysitters, they have great schools and the cost of living is a lot less.

Bro-in Law is going on a Ride-Along in Spokane Valley today, they're on a hiring spree btw, they would love to have him and the experience he would bring being SPD now.

Edited by DickDastardly00

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

being dragged to florida for a few days in February or March isn't the worst thing in the world (if you're there for the right reasons).

My dad lives in Sarasota, definitely nice to visit there that time of year, but a long weekend is enough for me.

May she (Idaho) endure forever, Esto Perpetua.

Screw your smog and your humidity, Mo Fuggin' Idaho.......Bitches

But where are the potatoes in that seal?

Or are they not yet harvested when that was made?

453747.png

But where are the potatoes in that seal?

Or are they not yet harvested when that was made?

The husbandman plowing on the left side of the shield, together with the sheaf of grain beneath the shield, are emblematic of Idaho’s agricultural resources, while the cornucopias, or horns of plenty, refer to the horticultural.

https://gov.idaho.gov/idaho-state-seal/

A lot of thought went into the creation of the state seal. Interestingly enough, this is the only State Seal designed by a woman.

Made an account on familysearch.org

Basically a free ancestry.com website, created by the Mormon church, in part tied to their belief in baptism of their dead ancestors.

Already a bunch of info added by others, for my family tree. Goes way back on some lines, like into BC years. Need to dig into it more, see if there are sources/notes added....I don't understand how that can be accurate so far back.

Did find some lords/ladies, and even kings/queens in the 500-1300 AD range, so I'm pretty much royalty .

Edited by stm25rs

Made an account on familysearch.org

Basically a free ancestry.com website, created by the Mormon church, in part tied to their belief in baptism of their dead ancestors.

Already a bunch of info added by others, for my family tree. Goes way back on some lines, like into BC years. Need to dig into it more, see if there are sources/notes added....I don't understand how that can be accurate so far back.

Did find some lords/ladies, and even kings/queens in the 500-1300 AD range, so I'm pretty much royalty .

My grandma did our whole family tree in the 90's, traced it back to our family crest in Wales, which was pretty impressive considering she did not use the internet or a computer.

Doing it without a computer is crazy impressive.

We have a similar family document of handwritten (and copied) notes from the pre-computer era, lineage that traces back to Mayflower lineage - Francis Cooke.

Traced it back on the website and appears legit, sources and such.

Also found that my late maternal grandmom is the result of a first cousin marriage.....so that's great.

Doing it without a computer is crazy impressive.

We have a similar family document of handwritten (and copied) notes from the pre-computer era, lineage that traces back to Mayflower lineage - Francis Cooke.

Traced it back on the website and appears legit, sources and such.

Also found that my late maternal grandmom is the result of a first cousin marriage.....so that's great.

Hey if the royals could do it, then why not everyone else :lol:

https://www.grunge.com/144630/royals-who-married-their-relatives/

Back then they intermarried for to maintain and grow their dynasties. Royals are really disgusting people, all of them.

• I Donated
Nah, all of summer. We are talking about coming out of work or home on a regular day.

So basically, you go from AC to AC. Gotcha. :lol:

I actually do shit outside occasionally. It sucks in the summer in MD, but it's not bad from late September to mid-May. Actually, this week has been pretty amazing so far.

I like the variety of stuff we have in Maryland. Beaches, mountains, rivers, rolling hills, the bay.

A little bit of everything (except desert), but kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type of deal.

It's the only place in the US (besides neighboring Virginia) where you have the coast, a major estuary, the coastal plains, the piedmont, mountains, and a continental divide in the same state. And only a couple others have all of those things minus the estuary (North Carolina and Georgia are the only other ones with the Eastern Continental Divide, and New York has small bits of the St. Lawrence Divide).

I thought that did that in Idaho too.

They do, in southern Idaho. Keep in mind that the southern border of Idaho is less than an hour and a half from the Mormon Temple in downtown SLC, and only a bit more than half an hour from downtown Logan, UT. IIRC there are a couple of fundamentalist sects in ID too.

Oh, and... U da ho! :dm::hide:

My dad lives in Sarasota, definitely nice to visit there that time of year, but a long weekend is enough for me.

I don’t even visit Sarasota. That’s where old people go to die. The only nice thing about the west coast of Florida are the beaches.

SE Florida is where is at but only as far down as Deerfield Beach, south of that is just good for day trips.

You don’t appreciate all Florida has to offer until you live here at least for a year. If you are into summer/water sports hen this is paradise. We don’t get snow so no skiing. And the honeys jogging down A1A make everything so much nicer!

---

• I Donated
That list is Rediculous. We have mountains and ocean. Who tf needs a piedmont and estuary?!

Sounds like something Californians would want to have.

You probably do have piedmont. It's the part between coastal plains and mountains. Actually, do you even have mountains? Driving through on I-84, I certainly didn't see any runaway truck ramps. [emoji38]

... lineage that traces back to Mayflower lineage - Francis Cooke.

One of my oldest and closest friends was a Mayflower descendant. He once explained it to me thus: "I am a direct descendant of the first English colonist in North America to be executed by his peers." (He was referring to the Plymouth Colony's notorious troublemaker, John Billington.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png