LegacyGT.com

What's on your mind at this instant? -- Volume 13

ammcinnis

Thinking about either redoing my DIY grill or buying one off ebay. I should bought one of the one offered on this site years ago that had the option of being painted stock colors, in my case, ABP. But I had just done mine so I didn't.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Here's a Spoonerism that I was told my grandfather used to recite. He died 8 years before I was born. I've looked for his version online but have only found bits and pieces. I recited it to my 15 y/o niece recently and she loved it. I think we share a genetic penchant for word-play.

The Drunken Church Usher: "Mardon me padam. This pie is occupewed, may I sew you to another sheet? I just had tee martoonies, but I'm not as drink as thinkle peep I am..."

Gonna do something I've never done before....get new tires before my old ones are worn out.

GTI came with Bridgestone RE97AS, grand touring all seasons. I'm at 2 years and about 30k miles on them and can't take it anymore. Performance was less than stellar stock, and on a stage 1 tune grip is abysmal.

I think a performance all season, like Continental DWS or Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 will be a big improvement.

Ok, this is kind of for Nihls and for JJ (or anyone else who has a broad taste in music), but I thought I'd share this. Philip Glass is one of my favorite Composers and had a big influence on my own music. I thought I knew most of his catalog, but last night I stumbled on a piece I hadn't heard before and I was really moved by it. The piece for solo Piano is called Mad Rush (1978) and I'm just in love with it. Philip Glass is consider one of the most important composers of the 20th century, is a Baltimore native and is still very much alive and writing new music.

Don't have much time today, but I gave it a quick listen. That sounded nice. Not my go to style of music, but I can appreciate it nonetheless. A lot of emotion in that piece.

I honestly never heard of him that I could remember...

Don't have much time today, but I gave it a quick listen. That sounded nice. Not my go to style of music, but I can appreciate it nonetheless. A lot of emotion in that piece.

I honestly never heard of him that I could remember...

It builds momentum into an avalanche of sound, especially about midway through that's just really impressive. The homage to Eric Satie is also very apparent throughout the piece. The expressions on the first Violist's face through the performance show how moving it is.

It was interesting reading about his evolution, I like learning what makes people tick.

Eastern Indian music had a big impact on his compositional style, their sense of internal rhythms and tonality is very advanced. Listen to Tabla music with Sitar or Surbahar (also know as a bass Sitar), listen to the way they sub-divide beats and you'll get the idea. He also has music with Ravi Shankar and lived in India for awhile, the Beatles did the same thing.

I can relate to this, I studied various Ragas and even played the Sitar (my friend brought one back from India and I used to pick it up an mess around on it). So I understand how musically life changing it can be to have that influence. Some of the essential building blocks of what would eventually become western-music came directly out of India. All the Greeks did is write it all down, store it, they were great book keepers but they did not create diatonic music.

• I Donated
Gonna do something I've never done before....get new tires before my old ones are worn out.

GTI came with Bridgestone RE97AS, grand touring all seasons. I'm at 2 years and about 30k miles on them and can't take it anymore. Performance was less than stellar stock, and on a stage 1 tune grip is abysmal.

I think a performance all season, like Continental DWS or Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 will be a big improvement.

I mean, they're basically what the RE92 was 15-20 years ago, and you can ask any WRX bro from back in the day what they think of RE92s. :lol: