LegacyGT.com

Kinda Screwed!!!

Well yes, but needing a screw, or 4 or 8.

I spoke with the dealer today and this damn screw only comes with the whole brembo caliper!

If anyone knows where to get the screws for the little holder bracket beside to pistons on a brembo caliper I'm all ears! The dealer referred me to a performance shop this morning and they had no idea and referred me to the dealership that I spoke to first.

It's circled in this picture, it has a torx screw head fitting on it.

Screw.thumb.png.a09143db657ff3360bac864b5ee28a6f.png

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Any button head cap screw should work in its place. If you can wait I'll pull off one of my rears this weekend and get you the thread size and length. I assume it'll be the same size as your fronts. My ATS fronts have no such brackets.

Agree, that is just a screw to hold that guide plate, item (4).

Found that on this page,

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Subaru-Car-1998-05/Front-Disc-Brakes/Brake-Caliper/_/P-0996b43f8037a9d7

Scroll down that page a little.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Any button head cap screw should work in its place. If you can wait I'll pull off one of my rears this weekend and get you the thread size and length. I assume it'll be the same size as your fronts. My ATS fronts have no such brackets.

You actually gave me a great idea. If I can still get in the place Bolts Plus is in my city and I might be able to take down the one I had to forcefully get out and get it matched, the head just needs to be a cap screw. If they have them stainless and with a hex head I'll be golden.

You actually gave me a great idea. If I can still get in the place Bolts Plus is in my city and I might be able to take down the one I had to forcefully get out and get it matched, the head just needs to be a cap screw. If they have them stainless and with a hex head I'll be golden.

I would think you could find that screw at Home Depot or Lowe's, may be most hardware stores. That have a lot these day's.

A little anti-seize on the threads may be a good idea.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I would think you could find that screw at Home Depot or Lowe's, may be most hardware stores. That have a lot these day's.

A little anti-seize on the threads may be a good idea.

With Covid I can't even get into them these days. They rarely have metric anything around here. A few standard sizes but nothing slightly different.

The bolts plus in my town matched them as best I can, they are 2mm longer so when I get the calipers back from the powdercoater lets hope they fit.

Just order them online since you know the dimensions of the bolts or do I need to send you a link for that too [emoji38]
Doooo you know the size foo?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Doooo you know the size foo?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have you checked the sticky at the top of the very first forum here. The one that links to the parts manual. I think they may have bolt sizes on the parts pages...

From the size, I'd guess 6mm x1.00 and then what every length you need.

There's a link to general bolts from JmP's sticky too.

Here may be, https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/subaru-oem-parts-catalog-online-exploded-views-opposed-forces-130411.html[/url

Nevermind, that wasn't it.

Must in the field service manual where the sizes are.

Nope just torque values there. Sorry.

Edited by Max Capacity

Not sure if this caliper is the same as yours, but found this.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846859

Post #7

"So I took one out it's a M6 1.0 14mm with a T27

Closest at McMaster-Car is:

Metric 18-8 Stainless Steel Hex Drive Rounded Head Screws

18-8 Stainless Steel

M6 × 1 mm

14 Fully Threaded 10.5 3.3 4 70,000 25 92095A227 $9.95"

post #8 above looks like button head? not sure

https://www.belmetric.com/stainless-machine-screws-c-563_900/

(edit: unfortunately cheapest shipping to random Brampton postal code is $21 usd)

Edited by apexi