LegacyGT.com

Finally got myself a GT

Good evening,

Excited to say I have finally gotten my hands on a 2006 Legacy GT. Mostly stock besides the following:

Invidia catless uppipe

Grimmspeed 3" downpipe

Cobb accessport v3

DNA Motoring cat back exhaust (owner installed then removed did not like the sound)

Also comes with an extra set of steelies with All season tires. Stock wheels currently have BFGOODRICH G-Force Sport COMP-2's.

I also own a 2009 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition 5MT that I have been driving the last 4 years. Definitely an upgrade in the power department since I am used to really no power at all lol

1988146572_06leggyrear.thumb.jpg.571bcca8f79d45e1b93b5babeec0ee89.jpg

1548030832_09leggy.thumb.jpg.9e9dd4c1dac9f6671d7fd18adfb6d9d7.jpg

Edited by tylerb2311
Adding pic

If you can afford it, keep the 2.5i for the GT is inevitably broken down.

That's why I keep the Spec B, currently driving it while fixing the wagon. Works great having two of these. LOL

Been thinking about taking a picture of the wagon on four jack stands and labeling it, "Assume the Position".

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Welcome! These guys on here are a wealth of knowledge!

PS Banjo Bolts and maintenance.....

It just takes deep pockets...well not to deep. ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Welcome to club! Enjoy the GT but as said try keeping the 2.5i as well, 14 years old turbo cars are picky bunch.

Max, 4 jack stands comment is spot-on :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Enjoy the GT! Definitely toss that catback in the trash. My car had that turboback from DNA and it didn't fit worth sh*t. Previous owner put it on and told me it was difficult to fit it without modification. It sounded like a Honda at high RPMs, so I replaced it with a lovely Borla unit. Spendy, but sounds great.

Check all the rubber on your car when you get a chance! The rubber in the suspension just wears out way too quickly in them.

Enjoy the GT! Definitely toss that catback in the trash. My car had that turboback from DNA and it didn't fit worth sh*t. Previous owner put it on and told me it was difficult to fit it without modification. It sounded like a Honda at high RPMs, so I replaced it with a lovely Borla unit. Spendy, but sounds great.

Check all the rubber on your car when you get a chance! The rubber in the suspension just wears out way too quickly in them.

Ha yeah it hasn't left the trunk yet. The previous owner said he has it on for like 3 days and took it off because it sounded horrible. I am guessing just loud and raspy for sure definitely not what I am looking for. I was interested in the Invidia Q300 setup.... thoughts? Deff don't want to go cheap.

Ha yeah it hasn't left the trunk yet. The previous owner said he has it on for like 3 days and took it off because it sounded horrible. I am guessing just loud and raspy for sure definitely not what I am looking for. I was interested in the Invidia Q300 setup.... thoughts? Deff don't want to go cheap.

I have Q300 exhaust on my 5th Gen GT and really like it. That being said exhaust sounds (rasp, burbbles, tons, volume) are very subjective, I would listen to different exhaust on youtube. What one per person thinks is the best sounding Subaru exhaust might sound like crap to another person and vice versa.

The Q300 is too loud for my tastes but it’s up to you. The Borla and Greddy exhaust systems for these cars sound really good to me.

My buddy has theInvidia Q300 setup on his 05 GT and it's loud, but sounds real nice. He also has a headers and some other things done that. I am looking for the rumble, but more of as daily driver then a performance build...

My buddy has theInvidia Q300 setup on his 05 GT and it's loud, but sounds real nice. He also has a headers and some other things done that. I am looking for the rumble, but more of as daily driver then a performance build...

This is exactly what my wagon sounds like. Uses a catless uppipe, Invidia catted downpipe, and Borla catback.

Here's one with a gutted stock downpipe from a user on here named Gunnar (can't remember his username but he's got a dope wagon called Vaderwagon somewhere on here),

I'm quite partial to the Borla because it isn't super loud. It has the token rumble. The Greddy exhaust also sounds good. Similar to the Invidia Q300 but a little quieter and lower-toned.

This is exactly what my wagon sounds like. Uses a catless uppipe, Invidia catted downpipe, and Borla catback.

Here's one with a gutted stock downpipe from a user on here named Gunnar (can't remember his username but he's got a dope wagon called Vaderwagon somewhere on here),

I'm quite partial to the Borla because it isn't super loud. It has the token rumble. The Greddy exhaust also sounds good. Similar to the Invidia Q300 but a little quieter and lower-toned.

Thanks for the vids! I've been doing a lot of research and the Borla setup is been my favorite so far. Looking for something for a daily/weekend driver so don't neccesarily need to go super loud

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have a borla s-type exhaust for the 05-08 gt for sale. Part# 140123. I sold my gt a while back and never got around to selling the exhaust.
I am trying to send you a message but it won't work. Send me a PM with price/info! Definitely interested!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk