LegacyGT.com

OB with Legacy suspension - alignment?

So - yesterday I wrapped up installing Whiteline front lower control arm and rear trailing arm bushings in my 2009 Outback. I also installed the KTA124 toe and track arm kit.

Tomorrow or Monday I'll be installing a JDM Bilstein Rev.A strut/spring combo from a Legacy wagon.

Here's my question, for which I haven't really located an answer: when I get the car aligned, should I specify that they set it to Outback or Legacy alignment settings?

Followup: how much weight should I try to put in the back to try to combat the ghostwalking issue? This car is my daily and will be used rain/snow or shine.

Thanks in advance!

I'm assuming you're looking for a factory alignment?

Do you have stock Outback wheels/stock Outback tires?

If so, shoot for an "Outback" alignment.

Factory Alignment Specs:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-alignment-specs-23815.html

Those are for the Legacy. I cannot imagine the statistically significant difference in alignment between the Legacy and the Outback, from factory. As you probably know, here are plus and minus values for each measurement. You could request either or, and you'll more than likely be within factory spec.

Of course, some one with a FSM could probably confirm the values between the two cars.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

As far as fixing the ghostwalking with weight in the back, I'm not sure. I've never had an issue with ghostwalking. I've read that it could be your rear trailing arm bushings, give those a look-over.

As for aligning with weight in the car - I've read ppl putting between 100-200lbs in for alignment purposes.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I already replaced both the trailing arm bushings and the front lower control arm bushings with Whiteline items - see above ;)

Thanks for the info though. I think I'll toss 4-5 cinder blocks in the back before I take the car for the alignment. They're about 30-35lbs each, so that ought to do nicely.