LegacyGT.com

05 LGT 5spd EJ257 Type RA Build

Small dents can be removed by the "Dent Wizard" in your area. Or some there dent removal company.

My wagon's roof has a couple of small dents from acorns hitting it while driving under trees.

The rust around the windshield could be from the windshield being replaced... the tech was not careful with his tools.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

There are a bunch of dings all around the car especially over the rear quarter panels above the wheels. I also have surface rust on the roof by the windshield. The old owner must had a roof rack on the car because you can see bunch of dents and scratches.

Also thanks for the compliment. The car is coming along slowly but surely.

Yeah, mine has a few dings on the roof too and I know it’s from the original owner taking things on and off the roof rack.

Small dents can be removed by the "Dent Wizard" in your area. Or some there dent removal company.

My wagon's roof has a couple of small dents from acorns hitting it while driving under trees.

The rust around the windshield could be from the windshield being replaced... the tech was not careful with his tools.

That's true. I've been doing bodywork and painting cars since I was 15 and I'm 39. The paint is pretty done. It's chipping and cracking here and there. It would be easier to just reshoot the car. I'm waiting till next year because I'm currently working on my brother's 1977 Datsun 280z. So I'm pretty swamped. It was originally my car but I gave it to my brother for his 13th birthday and he's 30 now lol.

oKJLkynl.jpg

6WWFczZl.jpg

hgO2yZDl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Small Update

Well, I got tired of seeing how messed up my passenger headlight was. I decided to buy a harbor freight drill buffing kit. While buffing I noticed that it was oxidated from the inside. So I went to my local pick n pull and picked up a different set. I started with wet sanding with 800 and 1000 grit sandpaper. Once I was done with that I went ahead and sprayed the headlights with SprayMax 2k glamour clear coat. The headlight really came out great with the four coats of clear I sprayed. Only down fall was while I was driving home last night I noticed how much dimmer my headlights were. I was thinking that the 4 coats of clear were too much. In every Youtube video, I watched everyone recommended spraying 2 to 3 coats of clear. This morning I decided to wet sand the cleared headlights with 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper and then buff, polish, and a wax job. Let me tell you they look great especially since I sanded out the little orange peel they had. Hopefully, sanding out a coat and a half really brighten up my headlights again!

What the headlights looked like:

wzNt9V0l.jpg

Started installing the recoated headlights:

3nRuJv4l.jpg

Recoated headlights installed:

B6JMDFWl.jpg

ZFwu8Isl.jpg

Wet sanded and buffed headlights:

gdZB2Nll.jpg

Edited by k00laid83

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, k00laid83 said:

Well after going through the whole car again after work. I found that the connector itself had the one of the wires completely corroded through and not hooked up. Another wire on the connector was bare showing bare wire. I went on iwire and ordered a new pigtail hopefully that will fix my p0340 error code.

Did you go though the diagnosis steps for the code in the FSM? Did the new pigtail on the sensor connector fix the error code?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 7:39 AM, mejum said:

Did you go though the diagnosis steps for the code in the FSM? Did the new pigtail on the sensor connector fix the error code?

Sorry for the late response. I did go through the diagnosis steps and while doing that I found the issue with the connector. Once I used that pigtail from my local pick-n-pull the error code went away. 

So a few weeks ago the wife and I decided to take our tandem kayak out. I figured I'd put it on the leggy since she's running so well. I have to admit that using this car has been a lot of fun! Now I understand why so many people love Subaru's. 

20220704_150206.jpg

Edited by k00laid83
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well boys here's a small update. I found a great deal locally for some Gen 5 Fortune Auto Coilovers with swift springs. The coilovers have less than 2k miles. Only thing one of the rear boots is torn so I ordered a new pair of dust boots and the rear dampening extenders. Figured it would be wise to do that before I install them. They're 8k fronts / 6k rears, if after installing them and I don't like the ride I'll upgrade the fronts to 10k swift springs and put the current 8k front swift springs to the rear coilovers. My Tein Flex Z coilovers are just to soft for me and are set to full max. It was a great come up for sure. I've always wanted to own a set of fortune auto's and I finally I have a set. I can't wait to see how they ride compared to my Flex Z's. Only other coilovers I have are the Silver's Neomax with swift springs on my s13 and I love them.  

Screenshot_20221019-101734_Facebook.jpg

Edited by k00laid83
Uploaded a pic
  • Like 2