LegacyGT.com

COVID-19 - who's got some?

DrD123

Sorry to hear about the long covid. That was the main reason I decided to get the vax. I'm young and healthy enough I wasn't worried about rona death, but seems like the covid long haul thing is very random in who suffers

Round 2 kicking my ass today. Felt fine yesterday but woke up to a fully soar body feeling like I had a fever when I don't register one and stomach in a knot. Not fun but I'll take this over the real deal.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Just read an article, wonder what multi-organ dysfunction is, I thought breathing/oxygen saturation and such was the big thing when you have covid. Also disappointed in their speeling mistake..

"Currently, we're seeing patients much younger. They come in much sicker," said Dr. Al Teng, the hospital's director of critical care. "The frightening part of this is they're not only coming in with raspatory failure, but also multi-organ dysfunction and we have a lot more patients requiring life support than ever before."

https://www.wmtw.com/article/central-maine-medical-center-seeing-most-covid-19-patience-since-start-of-pandemic/36292573

Ok so my arm f***ing hurts. That’s the only side effect I’ve got thus far. My girlfriend said that she had the same effect, and I’ve heard the same from others. I’m at work today and can barely lift my arm above shoulder height.

injection site pain is pretty typical for the first shot - I had that, but it wasn't much worse than a flu shot (the shingles shot, which you won't need for quite some time, was much, much worse for me in terms of injection site pain) - more of an annoyance than something that prevented me from moving my arm, anyway! systemic side effects seem to be worse for the booster dose, and have a higher prevalence with Moderna vs. Pfizer.

The death rate in the US peaked at around 4k deaths/day, so 3k/day in a country with 3x the population doesn't sound so bad. But it's worse.

https://www.businessinsider.in/international/news/the-covid-19-death-toll-in-india-could-be-up-to-10-times-higher-than-the-official-200000-figure-experts-say/articleshow/82342319.cms

I work for multinational with offices in India, and I have quite a few coworkers from India, with family in India. They're telling me it's terrible over there.

We've also been getting emails from upper management talking about the situation in India when it was just starting to make the news over here, telling us to expect work in the India offices to be delayed, asking us to be mindful of what our expat coworkers and their families are doing through, and so on. There were similar messages last April, when the US had 3k deaths/day mostly just from NYC, but this is more severe.

• 4 weeks later...
Glad to see traffic die out on this thread! While COVID is still a big issue in some parts of the world, in many we have about reached the light at the end of the tunnel! They have actually relaxed masking requirements where I work (no longer have to mask if you are 2+ weeks past your second vaccine dose, or first for J&J except for a few areas) - nice to see faces again, be able to go out to lunch, etc!

I prolly will still mask up even tho I been vaccinated, I dont trust others and I recently got a newborn and my wife didnt get the vaccine while pregnant as a precaution. Dont want to be a stat just cuz others dont like masks.

And I saw this about how effective the various vaccines are ...

Among the available choices, the best vaccine for you is the one you can get today. The "better" vaccine you wait for provides no protection at all ... while you're waiting.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

You don't take vaccines after the virus has gone through the population.

Any mutations from the virus are weaker.

Neither of those assertions is supported (or refuted) by the data you cited.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Mutations can be both weaker and stronger. The weaker usually disappears, the stronger are worrying since they can make this annoying pandemic into a fatal causing humans to go the way of the dinosaurs.
453747.png

Got my second shot of Moderna a couple hours ago. Been hearing from many that this will knock me out by the end of the day. First shot went pretty smooth. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

Our Governor, Kate Brown, has stated that she’ll let everything go back to normal once we hit 70% vaccination rate of at least the first shot. We’re at 64% and we’re only up 1% or so from last week. We’ll see what happens but I think most people are gonna stop giving a **** after next month and just go maskless everywhere. That remaining few people arent gonna get a vaccine unless they’re held at gunpoint.

Got my second shot of Moderna a couple hours ago. Been hearing from many that this will knock me out by the end of the day. First shot went pretty smooth. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

Our Governor, Kate Brown, has stated that she’ll let everything go back to normal once we hit 70% vaccination rate of at least the first shot. We’re at 64% and we’re only up 1% or so from last week. We’ll see what happens but I think most people are gonna stop giving a **** after next month and just go maskless everywhere. That remaining few people arent gonna get a vaccine unless they’re held at gunpoint.

Eh, Nasa says 3/4 of the earth's population needs to die so that the rest may live, yet here we we are worried about who's vaccinated:lol:

It's all a matter of perspective

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

just prep and use tranqulizing darts, that would speed up the treatment of the evaders.

453747.png

LOL, yeah we need another plague, I suppose :lol

I ended up staying at my girlfriend's place for an impromptu night when planning to see her briefly last night. I got way too nauseous to function and I felt the fatigue hit me like a truck about 11 or 12 hours after I got my shot. Wasn't a good night.

Arm is sore as hell, but that was expected. I'm now the last of my friends to be fully vaccinated, so I guess we're good to have some fun. You guys planning trips yet?