LegacyGT.com

2016 Legacy w/out Eyesight Windshield

I have enjoyed my Legacy and until yesterday when a tiny pebble bounced up and hit my windshield of course cracked it. I am wondering if this happened to anyone else? I have read some model years have had issues but not the 2016? Honestly....it was freaking pebble......unbelievable.

Yes 2017 legacy. And there was no pebble involved. In your case as others with or without a object (pebble). I’d google Subaru Windshield, there is a class action suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly recommend you increase Comprehensive coverage (as low a deductible as you can) and double check that chips/cracks are covered.

Some states require it be covered with no deductible (not mine).

It is highly likely you will need to replace your windshield and can be very expensive if your vehicle is equipped with eyesight.

I bumped mine to zero deductible so no worries when another crack forms.

Already replaced once on my 2016 and have a chip in my 2019.

Are you guys insurance covering your windshield replacement?or out of pocket?

I highly recommend you increase Comprehensive coverage (as low a deductible as you can) and double check that chips/cracks are covered.

Some states require it be covered with no deductible (not mine).

It is highly likely you will need to replace your windshield and can be very expensive if your vehicle is equipped with eyesight.

I bumped mine to zero deductible so no worries when another crack forms.

Already replaced once on my 2016 and have a chip in my 2019.

After our second cracked windshield we changed our insurance to 100% glass coverage, zero deductible. The first I paid OOP, the second, insurance minus deductible, the third, first one on the new coverage, 100% paid by insurance.

After our second cracked windshield we changed our insurance to 100% glass coverage, zero deductible. The first I paid OOP, the second, insurance minus deductible, the third, first one on the new coverage, 100% paid by insurance.

We also have full comprehensive insurance on all our vehicles. Another coverage that is very inexpensive is towing. Haven't had to use it on the Subaru or Mazda, but 3 times on the Mustang and twice on the Mercury.