LegacyGT.com

Why am I so lean?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool.. I’m in Jersey too. Where are you getting tuned? I was tuned at Precision.

Glad you’re getting that pre-tune inspection. Definitely worth the piece of mind its ready for the dyno.

Getting it done at prime motoring by jrtuned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I’ve heard a lot of good things about jr

Yeah hopefully he can sort out my issues. Hopefully my first tune was garbage and causing my issues. I just wanna drive the car and not worry for once.

When you say new MAF, did you get OEM from Subaru, or through Amazon/other source?

Amazon. Installing it made all my readings go the opposite way. Makes me the think the original was bad and scaled on a bad maf. I just ordered another one this morning. Plug that one in when I get it and compare my numbers between the two aftermarket ones and the stock.

When you ordered the Amazon one, did you reference the part number on the MAF that came off your car? I ask because different MAFs read differently, and most fit the same hole, so an online parts number search may not pull up the direct replacement. What happened to me was that I replaced my MAF on my 08 OBXT with one from my 02 WRX, just for diagnostic purposes. The WRX one fit and it worked, but read the opposite, just as you experienced. Online searches claimed they are interchangeable, but then read the part number on the actual part, and ordered that one, and it read the same as the last one. Just my experience, YMMV.

When you ordered the Amazon one' date=' did you reference the part number on the MAF that came off your car? I ask because different MAFs read differently, and most fit the same hole, so an online parts number search may not pull up the direct replacement. What happened to me was that I replaced my MAF on my 08 OBXT with one from my 02 WRX, just for diagnostic purposes. The WRX one fit and it worked, but read the opposite, just as you experienced. Online searches claimed they are interchangeable, but then read the part number on the actual part, and ordered that one, and it read the same as the last one. Just my experience, YMMV.[/quote']

I used the oem part #. 22680-AA31A. The part I ordered is 22680-AA310. The difference between 31a and 310 is the country of origin and nothing more. I took it right off the denso part. I’m assuming I will get this maf and get the same readings as the second one I got. This will just tell me I had a bad maf during tune. Plus I’ll have an extra maf for my new tune just in case. 436653e88993de75fbbcf15d8823318b.jpg this is the original maf and 310 is a direct replacement for it. Which according to every site also fits an 02 wrx. Every website and forum I’ve checked says that they are the same part

Denso 197-6040 Mass Air Flow Sensor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WMG8A0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

This is the MAF I bought when my old one went kaput. The parts numbers were not identical but the new MAF works as OEM. My car is protuned. I would get check engine lights and random stalling until I replaced it.

That’s the one I replaced mine with as well.

No need to do that. If you're getting tuned, the tuner will just rescale your tune for it. It will fit, and it will read consistently, but it may not be scaled to your exact car. Your tuner will just tune for it, as if you added an intake. It won't be a problem. And if you do have any problems with one, you have others already. No need to buy more.

No need to do that. If you're getting tuned' date=' the tuner will just rescale your tune for it. It will fit, and it will read consistently, but it may not be scaled to your exact car. Your tuner will just tune for it, as if you added an intake. It won't be a problem. And if you do have any problems with one, you have others already. No need to buy more.[/quote']

Ok screw it then. It’s easier and cheaper to get the maf I bought anyway. I’ll just take it easy on the way there and let him tune around it. I just won’t be able to use an oem again but no big deal. Car probably won’t survive long enough to need another maf. Let’s be real

Pretune inspection this morning. Professional boost leak and smoke testing. Probably better than the paint can soldering iron setup I have. Also probably gonna grab some 1050 injectors. Prob throw this in later today or tomorrow. Assuming the place agrees to send me a base map. My id is 100% on current tune. Don’t wanna get retuned for less power so pay to play I guess.

punch list of issues before tune

oh well, its the fun of having a tuner car

all the best

Yup it happens. Especially w Subaru’s lol. 38c394cf8306ba188dbe72cf255d2e0e.jpg

Spent tonight tearing it down Waiting on parts now. Hopefully I can remember where the 100 things I disconnected go.

Where did the tgv leak? Mine leaked passenger side rear at the sensor. Reason I deleted. If you were ever considering doing an AOS like the IAG competition series now’s the time. It deletes the PCV and requires a tune.

Leaked between the head and tgv. Had to take it out either way so I’m deleting it. I thought about the aos but I spent 1100 just to deal with this so I’m gonna do without for now.

Looks like you're in about the same spot as me right now. I found these 2 diagrams to be very helpful.b0d91336d88b8ec4e3b90f51341d43c3.jpg64435b5fc93665d04394824e26cb3d2c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well only my tgv was leaking but I may need these after I reassemble and find out I missed a connection lol. Thanks

Leaked between the head and tgv. Had to take it out either way so I’m deleting it. I thought about the aos but I spent 1100 just to deal with this so I’m gonna do without for now.

I hear ya. The rabbit hole gets pretty deep.

• 3 weeks later...

Whelp here we go again. Tomorrow is finally my dyno day. Unfortunately I am not allowed to be there due to this stupid pandemic. I have to drop the car and come back. At least I should be able to drive the car again if all goes well. [emoji1696]