LegacyGT.com

argggh!! Need help! In the middle of a boost gauge install

CHRISPY

Hi guys,

I am installing a boost gauge in the center cubby. gauge is mounted, wiring all hooked up (hooked up to clock wiring. light turns on when the headlights are on.

My MILLION dollar question...

How the hell did you run the vac line from the engine compartment to the center cubby???!!!

Any help appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Chris

There are 4 popits that you can remove from the drivers side inner fender and pull the liner down. I removed the battery and ran the boost line from the T by the wastegate. under the fuse panel and into the hole in the fender beside the fuse panel.

After you remove the fender liner you will see a large oval gromet where the, I believe it is the hood mechanism goes through. use a punch, nail set, or something to make a hole right above the hood release.

I used neon orange weedeater string as a fish line to route where I wanted the boost gauge to go. after I had it routed. I taped the boost line to the weedeater sting and pulled it through slow and steady, while lying upside down in the drivers seat!

You will need more than 6 feet of boost line to travel this path. I took me exactly 6 ft to get to the steering column.

I hope any of this helps!

There are 4 popits that you can remove from the drivers side inner fender and pull the liner down. I removed the battery and ran the boost line from the T by the wastegate. under the fuse panel and into the hole in the fender beside the fuse panel.

After you remove the fender liner you will see a large oval gromet where the, I believe it is the hood mechanism goes through. use a punch, nail set, or something to make a hole right above the hood release.

I used neon orange weedeater string as a fish line to route where I wanted the boost gauge to go. after I had it routed. I taped the boost line to the weedeater sting and pulled it through slow and steady, while lying upside down in the drivers seat!

You will need more than 6 feet of boost line to travel this path. I took me exactly 6 ft to get to the steering column.

I hope any of this helps!

That's what I did too...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=324308#post324308

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Thanks guys for the responses and the links. I was ready to pull my hair out LOL!

I ended up running it through the fender, into the A-Pillar, Across the top of the speedo cluster and to the center cubby.

If I had to do this all over again I could install one in 30 minutes LOL! :D

I still need to buy a T and connect it to the vac line in the engine compartment but so far so good and it doesn't look like I have any crimps in the line.

I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris

• 11 months later...
Thanks guys for the responses and the links. I was ready to pull my hair out LOL!

I ended up running it through the fender, into the A-Pillar, Across the top of the speedo cluster and to the center cubby.

If I had to do this all over again I could install one in 30 minutes LOL! :D

I still need to buy a T and connect it to the vac line in the engine compartment but so far so good and it doesn't look like I have any crimps in the line.

I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Chris

good, then you can do mine for me :lol: i have my gauge mounted in my cubby, but i still have to go out and buy vac lines and a Tee, and hook up the wiring :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived