LegacyGT.com

Original LGT owners?

Just wondering how many people on the 4th gen page are original owners and still have their LGTs?

I bought mine 2005 LGT in August 2004 over 15 years ago.. Still have it. 103K miles.

Only issues: O2 sensor. CV boot. Valve cover gasket. Rear wheel bearings. Everything else was maintenance items.

Edited by devobuzz

Nice to hear from some other original owners!

I bought my '05 LGT wagon in October, 2004. Rolling up on 151k miles, been a good car overall. Still puts a smile on my face pretty much every day.

Biggest problem I've had was a few years ago one of the joints on the propeller shaft started to seize, which put a strain on the bearings in the transmission. Result was a new shaft and transmission. Still loved the car enough to not have to give it a second thought. Engine and turbo are still the originals. Been Cobb Stage 2 for a while now.

Have had the other typical issues... wheel bearings, a couple of broken wheel studs, cracked radiator, leaking valve cover gaskets, a torn CV boot or two... but I won't complain.

Yup, original owner ofmy ‘05 GT wagon. Not even going down the road of listing stuff I’ve had to fix or mods. The car has been so wildly changed since I drove it off the lot that it would take an entire page :)

Nice to hear from some other original owners!

Have had the other typical issues... wheel bearings, a couple of broken wheel studs, cracked radiator, leaking valve cover gaskets, a torn CV boot or two... but I won't complain.

Oh right - rear wheel bearings for me too.

Just so you know, there is a thread on here, who has the most miles and how are they holding up...

for this type of topic...?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Bought mine used from SOA in summer of 2007 with less than 9K on it. Still DD-ing it with 230K on it now. Stage 2 since 73K. Many mods but those were my calls. Major repair done was HG at around 170K few years back. Three wheel bearings, new midpipe. Wear and tear were new brake calipers last year.

Happy with the car and intend on keeping it, possibly retiring to a weekend cruiser.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 249K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 272K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Originally purchased 6/05, 130k, miles stage 1 tune 80k miles, getting ready to install new CV axels because torn boot on the passenger side, replacing the struts with Koni's & OEM springs at the same time, all stock aside from sways.

My folks have their 06 OBXT purchased new. Bone stock with 115,000 miles on it. I'm likely getting it this year when they get a newer vehicle. Gonna go with a catless uppipe, Cobb AP, and bulletproofing the TMIC. It'll go as my daily driver until further notice.

Bought mine 11/2006 going on 160k right now. Was bone stock until my coolant hoses gave way and my radiator blew up last October. Decided to go cobb stage 2 after that. Working on upgrading suspension as well. This car has been amazing to me and been through a lot. I love this car even more after going stage 2. Got some pep in it’s step now. Thinking about getting a pro tune next and call it good until something else gives up on me next.

Bought my ABP 05 LGT August 2004, I still have it. I've been running Airboy's stage 2 road tune since 2006.

Just rolled over 150k kms last week (93k miles).

Rear wheel bearings started making grinding sounds a few months ago, both at the same time.. did the clutch, killer-b pickup, and spark plugs 2 years ago.

2005 SWP Legacy GT Limited Wagon

Originally ordered as soon as possible and received in 08/04 now at 115k.

Did the 1st JDM Spec B front and rear bumper mod.

It's modified to be the perfect night time highway clear-your-mind driving machine.

Otherwise, spends its time as a garage queen -- so much so that I accidentally let my Michelin PSS dry rot. Just got new Michelin A/S3+

I still have my '06 LGT 5MT Sdn. purchased 1/3/06. Has 130K on it with COBB stg 2 the last 5K. The paint and interior are still like new and it hasn't been driven in the winter since 2015. I have an Outback for the winters and nasty seasonal weather. I really enjoy this car and will keep it as long as there's parts to fix it.