LegacyGT.com

TCU Relearn

Does clearing mem2 without having the Subaru tool to guide you through relearn really do anything. Everyone says that you just need to drive the car but the service manual says there is a procedure. The manual makes it seem like after doing the short procedure with their tool to guide it is learned immediately. I have about 40-50 miles on my valve body and it drives terrible. I’m thinking that just clearing mem2 and driving isn’t the correct way. Can anyone shed some light on this? I really want to drive my car but it’s pretty miserable after the valve body mod. I never know what it’s going to do or how it will act. I wanted to drive it to work tomorrow which is 50 miles each way but I’m nervous to take it that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I did my valve body I just reset my ECU and drove the car in sport mode with both spirited and normal like driving conditions. I did this for a tank or 2 of gas and the Car drives great. I was experiencing a hesitation at low RPM's and thought it was related to the TCU. Come to find out it was my OCV valves....but I not until after I reset my TCU. he one time I reset the TCU I ended up getting all sorts of CELs for the TCU and ended up having to replace it (bought a unit from the junkyard) as the car drove like crap. Wouldn't downshift when it should and qas quick to upshift with occasionally super hard shifts. The used unit still sucked, ended up blowing my center diff during one of the super hard shifts. I replaced the center diff and bought a new superseeded TCU (again) and now that car is back to normal.

Sorry for the long story, but I've done 3 of these valve bodies and all I do is reset the ECU and drive it in sport mode for a few tanks.

Good Luck.

When I did my valve body I just reset my ECU and drove the car in sport mode with both spirited and normal like driving conditions. I did this for a tank or 2 of gas and the Car drives great. I was experiencing a hesitation at low RPM's and thought it was related to the TCU. Come to find out it was my OCV valves....but I not until after I reset my TCU. he one time I reset the TCU I ended up getting all sorts of CELs for the TCU and ended up having to replace it (bought a unit from the junkyard) as the car drove like crap. Wouldn't downshift when it should and qas quick to upshift with occasionally super hard shifts. The used unit still sucked, ended up blowing my center diff during one of the super hard shifts. I replaced the center diff and bought a new superseeded TCU (again) and now that car is back to normal.

Sorry for the long story, but I've done 3 of these valve bodies and all I do is reset the ECU and drive it in sport mode for a few tanks.

Good Luck.

Ok awesome. I just went thru the first tank. I drove it 100 miles on Saturday. Seems a little better. I’ll wait it out and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk