LegacyGT.com

Turboing 2.5i

So I know it is just encouraged to buy LGT, but here is one thread directly related https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-turbo-kit-na-official-thread-119828.html and with the help of a few examples i have seen on youtube it has emboldened me just like the presidency the economic nationalists.

In order to go forward with this I need to address two questions I haven't seen the answer to, both relating to engine management.

1. Boost solenoid harness connection; okay since the 4EAT 2.5i NA doesn't normally have a harness connection for this, what can be done here; let's assume my turbo will have an electronic boost control solenoid for the purpose of the this question.

2. Since 2.5i is NA has anyone ever tuned on this ecu? Is this compatible even with Cobb Accessport? Anyone ever fickled with the 2.5 na ecu? Is it ficklable? (If at all possible I want to to retain my own ecu given the complications of subaru immobiliser.)

omg thanks

Edited by darthqwo
btw not getting avo kit; want to avoid installing lgt engine harness just for a wire; just up-pipe, stock turbo, watercooler

So I know it is just encouraged to buy LGT, but here is one thread directly related https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-turbo-kit-na-official-thread-119828.html and with the help of a few examples i have seen on youtube it has emboldened me just like the presidency the economic nationalists.

In order to go forward with this I need to address two questions I haven't seen the answer to, both relating to engine management.

1. Boost solenoid harness connection; okay since the 4EAT 2.5i NA doesn't normally have a harness connection for this, what can be done here; let's assume my turbo will have an electronic boost control solenoid for the purpose of the this question.

2. Since 2.5i is NA has anyone ever tuned on this ecu? Is this compatible even with Cobb Accessport? Anyone ever fickled with the 2.5 na ecu? Is it ficklable? (If at all possible I want to to retain my own ecu given the complications of subaru immobiliser.)

omg thanks

Since you already addressed and know you should not boost a 2.5i, I will not go there. but it can be done.

1. I cannot address this, but there is a guy boosting a 2.5i in the N/A section. He was doing a nice jobs as I saw but he seems to have fell off.

2. Yes you can tune the ECU via trax cable. I had my 08 2.5i tuned and it ran really good. Ed at XRT can tune it and he was good to deal with. I had some crazy JDM parts including the kakimoto race chamber, full cold air to the fog light, and some others. Would I do it again. Naw, I got a WRX, then sold it, now have my 06 LGT I will keep for good.

Yes you can tune the ECU via trax cable. I had my 08 2.5i tuned and it ran really good. Ed at XRT can tune it and he was good to deal with. I had some crazy JDM parts including the kakimoto race chamber, full cold air to the fog light, and some others. Would I do it again. Naw, I got a WRX, then sold it, now have my 06 LGT I will keep for good.

Nice; im surprsied you got a tune on just cold air at atmospheric bar. What were your watts and neuton meters like following the tune?

Nice; im surprsied you got a tune on just cold air at atmospheric bar. What were your watts and neuton meters like following the tune?

I have no clue, but you can find some vids on you tube under nrracing, No rulz racing, XRT tune legacy. The car is white and it pulls pretty good for a 2.5i. I do miss the car. You will see my car. I never dynode that car. BTW I was able to buy my car back a few months ago, but the guy who had it really trashed it. :mad:

video is worth a look, as that is the
i will use; comments? That was two months ago, so people don't exact post videos everyday of their car, but it takes a troll owner of an lgt to believe that car is not still running.

Im gonna post pictures when i get rolling; right now i am collecting parts.

As for boost controller quorum I think the manual will give voltage numbers to actuate the wastegate; here i might be able to use spare heater control dials as an electronic boost controller. moreover i imagein it should sufficie just leaving this under a certain number. It still remains to inspect boost levels as the engine revs up from example tune graphs; i conjecturethat the slopes and shapes are almost identical on all cars. Ideally boost managment for this car would dial down at the higher revs, but honestly as long as drive normally as i do everyday (i.e., don't redline or hard pull needlessly) it might just amount to insurance; so if this is the case i would not need to invest in an engine harness and lgt ecu map as long as this setup survives.

Appreciate any input omg tahnks

Edited by darthqwo

Hmm i still wonder how i will set the psi on the boost controller; aftermarket boost controller still plugs into the ecu. my heater control idea is wrong since that would only at most if even actuate the wastegate when it needs to open; even to start i am wondering how to just keep wastegate open