LegacyGT.com

OEM Subwoofer cable

finse

Greetings. I would like to install my aftermarket amp/sub combo in my new Legacy. I accomplished the subwoofer install on my old legacy by tapping into the OEM sub woofer cable. Not only did it provide audio, but conveniently provided power for my active cross over & LOC. All without having to hack into the wiring harness is the dash.

I contacted my local dealer hoping to be able to procure one of these cables, alas I was told they did not think the cable was available separately.

This leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have a pin out of the sub woofer cable?

2) Does anyone know if the cable can be picked up w/out the oem sub woofer? If so, part number?

• 4 months later...
rclark0032 - your on the money I should have searched over on NASIOC. Thanks for the information!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735683

Finse, have you done your installation yet?

In his description the guy says that the harness is for connecting to the subwoofer. Doesn't say anything about connecting to the head unit. I wonder if the connection is the same and therephore the same harness would fit in both the subwoofer and the head unit.

sashi2, I did do the installation back in December. I bought the forward & reverse harnesses in order to get a signal for my subwoofer without cutting my OEM wiring. The harnesses I received were of exceptional quality.

Cheers,

Ryan

sashi2, I did do the installation back in December. I bought the forward & reverse harnesses in order to get a signal for my subwoofer without cutting my OEM wiring. The harnesses I received were of exceptional quality.

Cheers,

Ryan

Rayan,

I followed the link you posted above (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735683) and it looks like there's only a reverse subwoofer harness. Am I missing something?

Alex

SC_GT, props for finding that connector! I am happy I went with the custom adaptors from svxdc(nasioc) as the oem cable costs $75!

sashi2, check out the web page again. The web page lists both reverse & forward harnesses.

Oh, I've read more and found that the sub harness goes between the radio and the radio harness, so I'd need to get a forward radio harness. Reading the desription of the sub wiring, I learned that it uses left and right rear channels for input. That's weird - then the sub level would be affected by the fade knob. I'd think subaru could do better then that.

On the same page there's a picture of a back of the radio and there's suppusedly a separate jack for a subwoofer. I did not get whether it applies for 1995 and up Legacies or does not. Does ours have a separate jack?

See, Rayan, I'd like to know as much as I can before I start installation and order everything I need for the work beforehand.

sashi2, to the best of my knowledge the legacy stereo's do not have a seperate subwoofer jack. To install my sub I used these parts:

1 forward harness

1 reverse harness

shrink wrap tube

solder/solder iron

electrical tape

Line out converter (LOC)

I built my new harness on the kitchen table. All of the wires are color coded, so its just a matter of soldering the connections & insulating the connection. I wired my LOC on the rear channels :icon_surp.

One word of caution, don't use the panasonic's power antenna lead for your amp. The headunit conveniently shuts down the power antenna as soon as you switch to CD mode.

hope this helps.

Ryan

Good think you warned me about power antenna! I was thinking to use it since I didn't want to keep the amp on all the time. I'd probably test it before the install, but still good to know. Have you seen anything in forums on how to shot off the amp when the radio is off?

Archived