LegacyGT.com

What is this connector?? Running Lean

That looks like the connector for the hood position switch, a component of the optional remote start system. What do you mean by, "Cleaned out my air filter?" It appears not to be stock. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

That looks like the connector for the hood position switch, a component of the optional remote start system. What do you mean by, "Cleaned out my air filter?" It appears not to be stock.

Ah okay. Figured it probably wasn't the issue. I have a Takeda intake with a reusable filter. I rinsed out the filter with water (as I normally do a few times a year), let it dry, and reinstalled. Now I'm getting these two codes thrown. No idea why.

Time for more general troubleshooting then:

code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection Faulty or stuck open PCV valve Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!) Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Do you have a mate that can lend you their MAF sensor for a test ?

Time for more general troubleshooting then:

code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry. There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor Possible cracked vacuum or PCV line/connection Faulty or stuck open PCV valve Failed or faulty oxygen sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Sticking/plugged or failed fuel injector Low fuel pressure (possible plugged/dirty fuel filter!) Exhaust leak between engine and first oxygen sensor

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

Do you have a mate that can lend you their MAF sensor for a test ?

Just cleaned the MAF and the filter is not oiled. Still got the code. Only thing I can think of is maybe one of the rubber couplings got a small hole in it from being pulled to reinstall. Going to try and replace all of those first and see what happens