LegacyGT.com

Fine Knock learn+DAM questions

skoobaru

Hey guys I have an 05 lgtwith a vf52, injectors, revnine ic, mishi radiator and some other odds and ends. 2 days ago I noticed about 3 minutes into driving that my DAM reading was at .875. I stopped and checked the car over for anything obvious and when I fired it back up it had returned to 1. However, after that happened I noticed that occasionally letting off the throttle, even while not in boost and just cruising, that my fine knock learn will jump up to about negative 5-8 for a split second. It also would very occasionally hold around -5 or -6 for a couple seconds at certain rpms/loads. I’m rather new to Subaru’s so I’m not sure exactly what this could mean and from what I’ve read sometimes a fine knock reading means nothing and is normal but I’d rather have the motor not pulling timing on me. Anyone have advice on how to go about this issue?

Have you reached out to your tuner? They may be able to review and tell you if its something of concern.

Its hard to tell without seeing a log, we are happy to do a quick review for ya to see if its normal operation or something that looks odd.

Go ahead and shoot us an email at cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com and we can discuss your options as well.

'

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.