LegacyGT.com

2015 Subaru Legacy Navi Dark Mode

Guys,

I don't use my Navi much, but I noticed when I am driving at night, my Navi doesn't go into dark mode. I tried looking for the settings, but I didn't notice one. Is there a setting when you turn on the headlights the Navi goes into dark mode. I noticed there are 2 different color settings day and night, but how does it know when to switch etc. What am I missing

Thanks.

Guys,

I don't use my Navi much, but I noticed when I am driving at night, my Navi doesn't go into dark mode. I tried looking for the settings, but I didn't notice one. Is there a setting when you turn on the headlights the Navi goes into dark mode. I noticed there are 2 different color settings day and night, but how does it know when to switch etc. What am I missing

Thanks.

It uses both your headlight state and the time/time zone to figure out the time of sunset.

When your parking/head lights are ON, it dims the display so its not too bright and switches from the day color scheme to the night color scheme at sunset. Since you already figured out the day and night screen settings, the only other thing I can think of is that your clock/time zone are not set appropriately to where you are.

Ex: Your timezone is set to Hawaii but you are on the east coast, it wouldn't switch to the night screen till about midnight.

Is your luminous set too high for your console?

I would check this first. If you have the brightness set to maximum (the dial wheel thing on the row of control buttons for lack of me having a better term) then the screen will be on "day" mode regardless of the time/headlight settings. Try adjusting this to see if that lets your Nav go into night mode. You'll feel a "click" on the dial when you enter and leave the maximum brightness setting.