LegacyGT.com

Opinions: Interest in base 2013 2.5i

Gentlemen, I'm an Impreza guy, but my dad loved his 2013 Legacy 2.5i. I know the forum is called "Legacy Owners Association", but the URL is legacyGT.com, and when I look through the for sale ads I don't see any 2.5i's.

A salesperson at Ocean Subaru told me he was a part of some Legacy forum and that he built his from just a 2.5i base, so I'm investigating.

Not wanting to waste anybody's time, do you think I should list the 2.5i here on a "GT" forum? Figured I'd ask for opinions before going through the whole sale setup on here.

The good: it has only 19K miles, near perfect interior, and still on Subaru extended warranty, but my 88 year old dad and his dark carport didn't get along very well, so they scraped each other numerous times... Will need lots of cosmetic bodywork, which will obviously be reflected in the price.

Dad is now in a better place, and the car is titled to me. Thanks for any input.

Joseph (Fullerton, CA)

Gentlemen, I'm an Impreza guy, but my dad loved his 2013 Legacy 2.5i. I know the forum is called "Legacy Owners Association", but the URL is legacyGT.com, and when I look through the for sale ads I don't see any 2.5i's.

A salesperson at Ocean Subaru told me he was a part of some Legacy forum and that he built his from just a 2.5i base, so I'm investigating.

Not wanting to waste anybody's time, do you think I should list the 2.5i here on a "GT" forum? Figured I'd ask for opinions before going through the whole sale setup on here.

The good: it has only 19K miles, near perfect interior, and still on Subaru extended warranty, but my 88 year old dad and his dark carport didn't get along very well, so they scraped each other numerous times... Will need lots of cosmetic bodywork, which will obviously be reflected in the price.

Dad is now in a better place, and the car is titled to me. Thanks for any input.

Joseph (Fullerton, CA)

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep it ;). I personally took my mother's 2.5i Premium so she could get a newer vehicle and I don't regret taking it at all. In the last few months I've just been doing cosmetic stuff to it and now it looks amazing. It's been a great car , since the day my mother took it from the dealership Brand New in 2012/2013 and is relatively inexpensive for parts. Even now at almost 85k miles, I am planning on keeping it for as long as it lives. You obviously don't have to keep yours, but that's my 2 cents :). Keep smiling!

I'd put it up. Nothing saying you can't or shouldn't :) There are a few us 2.5i N/A folks around here, and there is always a chance those power hungry turbo heads keep blowing up their project cars and need a reliable daily :lol:

There is nothing that says you can't put it up FS. I think it would probably sell better locally (craigslist) as most buyers aren't going to travel long distances for a 2.5i. When I sold my 2.5i I listed it here and on craigslist. It sold on craigslist and its where all my inquiries came from.

I'd put it up. Nothing saying you can't or shouldn't :) There are a few us 2.5i N/A folks around here, and there is always a chance those power hungry turbo heads keep blowing up their project cars and need a reliable daily :lol:

My 2.5i has been amazing, only had to replace the headlight bulbs and battery in 6 years. Then I put LEDs where possible and eventually replaced every bulb in my car. Love the fuel savings in $$$ too ;)

Appreciate all the thoughts. This was only the third new vehicle he had ever owned. Hate to see it go but too many memories make it hard to keep around. Thanks again.

Quick story, once took a bus to visit my dad, and he picked me up at Greyhound fairly late in this Legacy. As he was driving without much traffic, he made a point saying that he could beat all the cars around him from the stoplight (he was 87 at the time, lol). He did pretty well for his age (except for that damn tight, dark, wooden post carport).

Ps. Y'all are pretty cool, I've been on a lot of forums and half expected some flaming with that as a first post.