LegacyGT.com

Help "Check Engine" Lighting Up!!!

downero

Sirs

Mine is a Legacy GT 1996 Twin-Turbo. Sometimes the "Check Engine" light will light up. After a while it will disappear. But sometimes it will light up for a long time.

50,000kms reading on the odometer. What could be the problem?

There is no subaru dealer here in the philippines right now.

thanks.

invest in a code reader .......or try to run to your local Autozone or equivalent while the CEL is on and they'll read it for you for free........tell us the code it would help......

scrath that i just saw youre in the phillipenes- try finding a code reader- maybe Ebay?????

Mine is a Legacy GT 1996 Twin-Turbo. Sometimes the "Check Engine" light will light up. After a while it will disappear. But sometimes it will light up for a long time.

From what I understand, CEL will flash on briefly (a few seconds) if engine detects pinging. If it stays on for a few trips (perhaps days), it could be an intermittent problem like a loose gas cap.

Have you had a bad batch of fuel? Low octane or watered down?

A bad sensor could also cause an intermittent problem. Maybe O2 going bad.

As previous advice, you'll need someone with OBDII reader to check the codes. Most shops will be able to do this, but they may not know Subaru-specific codes--they can still read it and you can then post here for the meaning of the code.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived