LegacyGT.com

Stohlman Subaru on Rt. 7 in NOVA

thegodfather

my parents just took the car in last night to be serviced today and they took it to stohlman subaru in tysons corners. i was just wondering if any of you have had an expierience with this dealership good bad or otherwise. also the dealership called today to say that we need new brakes and that its gonna cost $550 for the rear brake lining and rotors and my mom isn't sure about the cost for the front brakes. does that seem like a decent price or might we be able to find a better price elsewhere? we live in Northern VA in the mclean/falls church area any suggestions are much appriciated.

We have bought 4 of our Subarus there. We have had pretty good experiences with them so far. I bought mine at Paul Bros. in Herdon and have already brought it in for service twice (in 3000 miles) and I dont particularly fancy the attitude of the service manager.

We got screwed more than once at Stohlman and I haven't come across a DC area Subaru dealer that's any better so far.

Try giving Curry's Auto a call about the quote you received. They are a local, well respected independent shop who is an authorized installer for Tire Rack too. They deal with motorsports mods and normal everyday repairs as well. http://www.currysauto.com

We have bought 4 of our Subarus there. We have had pretty good experiences with them so far. I bought mine at Paul Bros. in Herdon and have already brought it in for service twice (in 3000 miles) and I dont particularly fancy the attitude of the service manager.

yeah, the s.m. at paul brothers sucks. It's basically a one person department. I stopped going there because I could never get an appoinment or get him on the phone.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

yeah, the s.m. at paul brothers sucks. It's basically a one person department. I stopped going there because I could never get an appoinment or get him on the phone.

Call and ask for Dan in the shop at Paul Bros. He's a local guy on MAIC on Nabisco.....he seems to be a good guy. I need to get my car over to him for an oil change.

Stohlman ripped me off on more than one occassion. The management is horrible.

TheGodfather,

What year is the vehicle?

How many miles are on it?

You can buy the pieces and do the work saving yourself a whole heck of a lot of money. Just about anyplace you go to have this type of work done is going to charge you an arm and a leg for labor.

Call and ask for Dan in the shop at Paul Bros. He's a local guy on MAIC on Nabisco.....he seems to be a good guy. I need to get my car over to him for an oil change.

I second that. I don't care for the service manager either. Dan has always helped me out.

Archived