LegacyGT.com

FREE - EJ255 SB with rod knock (near Concord, NH)

I have a free EJ255 short block that has rod knock and some cylinder scoring on #4.

Everything that is needed to install a short block is absent from this one....sensors, oil pickup, pan, etc.

This engine was running prior to removal. Rod knock was apparent from 2300 rpm up. Not blown but certainly not happy.

Price is exactly $0.00 unless there is unreasonable effort or cost incurred on my end.

Located near Concord, NH

Edited by bergs
Cyl 4

This engine is all packed up in the same crate the replacement SB arrived in. Point is, it's being kept clean and out of the elements.

jhough - PM me and let's discuss arrangements. I can help with some of the distance as I am regularly in the Nashua area.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How bad is the scoring on cyl.3? Pictures?

Scotty

Mind if I ask for a cell number to send them to? It would save a few steps getting pics loaded to the forum.

i'm sort of interested. mostly to get shipping container. assuming its the plastic bliw kold case?

The crate isn't anything special..basic cardboard and wood

My mistake folks, the scoring is in Cyl 4. I am editing the first post to reflect this.

Scotty - Pics sent. I was not able to measure the depth of the features. I tried impacting some clay an measuring the height with verniers but the scores are too shallow to measure using this method.

rs2.5-3.0 - Yes however there will be costs on your end for this.

Have some time so here's a pic of the cyl 4 scoring.

I was unable to get a reliable measurement of the score depths. As I stated to Scottydunno, I'd be surprised if they were deeper than .01" anywhere

1023279766_Subarucyl4scoringresized.jpg.0738a43f154380eae6d4ff5508b7e044.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm only a few minutes outside concord myself, I could probably come grab it this weekend.

Though I'll need to read up on what's different from my '05. Looking to rebuild mine/start a build but want to be able to keep driving in the meantime, so this could be great

Edited by RecklessWOT

• 7 months later...