LegacyGT.com

2015-2019 OEM Splash Guards Installation Drilling Question

So it seems that to install the OEM splash guards drilling needs to happen. On the rear, it seems that the drilling is all plastic, which is fine, but the front, there seems to be sheet metal to drill through. This seems crazy to me, as it is asking for rust to begin.

Does anyone know if this is true, or if you only need to drill through plastic as well?

Thanks!

So it seems that to install the OEM splash guards drilling needs to happen. On the rear, it seems that the drilling is all plastic, which is fine, but the front, there seems to be sheet metal to drill through. This seems crazy to me, as it is asking for rust to begin.

Does anyone know if this is true, or if you only need to drill through plastic as well?

Thanks!

I dont think you have to drill anything. I believe you have clip nuts and just pop out the plastic plugs in front and the upper part should already have holes there..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yep, I had to drill the underside hole only, as the hole didn't exist on my 50th Anniversary edition. I drilled the rear, but not the front. It sits flush and is still very secure, so I am fine with it as is.

I have mine and im waiting for warmer less wet days to install. Im prepared to drill. Its drilling into the bottom of the plastic side skirt and bottom of plastic rear bumper. No worries there.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the fronts, you install the metal clips in the holes on the front, but underneath, you will have to drill a hole in the running board for the plastic clip.

In the rear, you will have to drill a hole for the top position of the splash guard at the top position on the edge, and drill a hole underneath for the plastic clip.