LegacyGT.com

Replaced PCV, Now it smells like oil inside the cabin

IAM 1.000 for months now... did not look at LV however

But anyways, I replaced the PCV because I was noticing more oil leaking than normal. Old PCV had a very soft sticky rattle.

Installed the new one in reverse order, making sure all hoses were clamped.

I only smell it when I am at a stop light, or idling.

Check the valve cover seals including the spark plug well seals - if the old PCV was not venting OK then you may have caused a seal to spring a leak and it won't self-heal.

It could of course be camshaft seals that are leaking too.

453747.png

My burnt oil in the vents smell wound up being my passenger Valve cover gasket. Also got slightly worse after I did the PCV (which was weird to me now I get why). New gasket, half moon cam seals, spark plug seals and a clean up and it’s gone. Just did it this past wknd actually. Finally a car that smells like air freshener instead of freshly burnt oil

Let us know what u turn up. I’m always curious. Also feel free to hit me up. Have part #s and material fresh in the brain if you need

One of the hidden hoses popped off while trying to install one of the connectors of the PCV assembly...

attachment.php?attachmentid=70600&d=1247593965

( Not where it is circled, on the other end of the rubber tubing. )

Was nicely hidden by intake manifold. The give away was the amount of smoke coming from an odd place with the hood up.

Sorry for not replying to the thread, my bad.

But while I have your attention.. there is some funky yellowish clogging going on. not alot, only about 20% of the diameter of the inside of the plastic breather pipe

Kinda like this random BMW picture

http://casestudies.atlanticmotorcar.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_8883.jpg

One of the hidden hoses popped off while trying to install one of the connectors of the PCV assembly...

attachment.php?attachmentid=70600&d=1247593965

( Not where it is circled, on the other end of the rubber tubing. )

Was nicely hidden by intake manifold. The give away was the amount of smoke coming from an odd place with the hood up.

Sorry for not replying to the thread, my bad.

But while I have your attention.. there is some funky yellowish clogging going on. not alot, only about 20% of the diameter of the inside of the plastic breather pipe

Kinda like this random BMW picture

http://casestudies.atlanticmotorcar.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_8883.jpg

That would be the blowby of oil vapor condensation.

Archived