LegacyGT.com

Holley Hydramat Install Advice

I get fuel starvation at the track on long left hand turns when I have below 1/2 tank of gas. I'm thinking of a simpler solution than a surge tank and found the Holley Hydramat.

I thinking I will build a drop in setup and just swap out my new setup with my existing setup. Existing setup is stock housing that M Sprank installed a Walbro 255 into some time ago.

How I'm thinking this would go is:

1) Get this Hydramat:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/hydramats/parts/16-102

16-102orthoren.jpg.25ba98caf6f7e68df7a3bf98c24e8b04.jpg

2) Get a new Fuel Pump Housing

housing.JPG.a4d20ef1e44d14512ad7c25fd8461d13.JPG

3) Get a new Fuel Pump for the housing (Recommendations I have 460WHP). Thinking DW300c.

4) Install fuel pump into new housing. Modify housing so that I can run tube from Fuel Pump intake to the Hyrdamat.

5) Pull out existing pump/housing. Drop in this new one.

Issue I see is it seems from looking at pictures of fuel pumps, the intake doesn't look like it's made to have any hose hooked up to it. It just has that "sock" type filter on it.

Anyone have any thoughts on this or advise?

Thanks,

PM Sgt. Gator as he has done Hydromat in some of his Suby track cars and could give you some advice. Thinking of going this route as well as I’m tired of having to stay above 1/4 tank on my track days. It’s like clock work, as soon as I hit 1/4 on the fuel gauge I have to pull into the paddock :(

PM Sgt. Gator as he has done Hydromat in some of his Suby track cars and could give you some advice. Thinking of going this route as well as I’m tired of having to stay above 1/4 tank on my track days. It’s like clock work, as soon as I hit 1/4 on the fuel gauge I have to pull into the paddock :(

Thanks I sent him a PM.

Archived