LegacyGT.com

Wiper motor slow

While in my 05 OBXT I got hit with a rainstorm (In February, of all times...) and my wipers really couldn't keep up with the flow. It seems my wipers are either factory slow, or are slowing down due to friction from whatever (lack of lube, age, that squirrel that like to stash his empties in the plastic cowl, etc).

When I researched it, I saw another forum post that states "just use Rain-X / wax the windshield", but I was wondering if this was a mechanical problem, or if it's something known and you just have to deal with. This car is a fair weather vehicle so it's VERY rare that I need them, but it's still one of those things I'd like to fix if it is an issue just in case.

Without timing it, it seems to be about 1 complete swipe (up and down) every 3 seconds on fast.

I have been of the same opinion for years, these cars have slow wipers.

I have been using Rain X in the washer tank since early on.

Also don't buy those expensive wiper blades, buy the $6.00 ones and replace them yearly. The $14.00 ones that appear to be more solid, don't do a good job at the top of the windshield. They don't flex/bend enough. IMO !

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived