LegacyGT.com

Recommendations for new calipers

GearJamr

I'm looking to get some new calipers for my 05 wagon. Wondering if there are any recommendations out there for basically a stock replacement. I don't want to have to get larger wheels but a couple of my piston boots are worn/cracked and the calipers right now are causing an intermittent shaking on the highway.

I've seen Power Stop and Cardone. Any others I should look at (aside from OEM)?

If you want to stay stock check out Rockauto.com they have a good selection of calipers at a good price. They even have reman Power Stop calipers for around $40, that's a hell of a deal.
My wife's balls are delicious.

If you're going to get new rotors too, you might consider doing the Legacy GT calipers. Little bit bigger rotors. You can do the same in the rear as well. Rear Legacy GT rotors are vented.

Rock Auto is a good place to get, for the calipers I'd try to get calipers that are coated to prevent rust. You can also get rotors that are painted that helps prevent rust.

Look up these part numbers:

Calipers

19P3104

19P3105

19P3348

19P3349

Rotors

I should have been more specific that I have a Legacy GT wagon. Already have the larger rotors. :)

I out on new EBC rotors and pads last year. It is starting to feel like the left front is jiggling and one of the rears is seizing. Not fully yet, but close, as the problem is becoming more consistent.

I ordered some PowerStop front calipers from Rock Auto, Centric rear calipers from Summit Racing and some SS brake lines from Rallitek. The fronts will be here Tuesday, the rears are shipping Monday. God knows when the brake lines will show up. Hopefully quickly so I can get them in.

Then the rest of my suspension replacement/upgrade project can continue.

Make sure the banjo bolt washer sealing surface is good, I had to take one back to my local NAPA. Glad I bought local, if you have a problem you can get a replacement quickly.

In fact I had to take a second one back, can't remember why now. But do remember they delivered the third one to my house. Even a few months back, which was 18 months from installing them, had the right front seizing up from time to time. I walked into my local NAPA, mentioned I had a right front with problems. The guy remembered me and gave me a replacement for free, six month's out of warranty.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Any of the rebuilt calipers will work. Make sure to grease them up on a regular basis and clean them once a year. This keeps them from seizing up on you.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971)

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived