LegacyGT.com

Blinking TPMS for a minute

According to this it's most likely one of the sensors that's out of order.

https://www.planetsubaru.com/subaru-warning-lights.htm

How long ago did you replace tires - or is it still stock tires? If the latter then it's probably the battery in one or more of the sensors that's dead and the sensors shall be replaced whenever you change tires anyway. If you had a fresh tire replacement, then you should check with the tire shop that did the job.

453747.png

If those sensors are original sensors from 2012, then the batteries would be pretty weak by now and that could be the problem - dead sensor batteries.

The lithium ion batteries inside TPMS sensors may last anywhere from five to 10 years. Five to six years is a more typical lifespan for older TPMS sensors. TPMS sensors don’t broadcast a continuous signal but only broadcast when the vehicle is in motion. Even then, the signal is intermittent to conserve battery life.

On most applications, the battery is molded into the TPMS sensor assembly so it cannot be replaced separately. Consequently, if the battery is run down or dead, the entire TPMS sensor has to be replaced — at a cost that may range from $50 up to $150 or more depending on the application and type of sensor.

https://www.counterman.com/is-it-necessary-to-replace-all-of-the-tpms-sensors-when-a-vehicle-needs-new-tires/

453747.png

I just had this happen for the first time a few months ago on my 2013.

The battery in the sensor is going dead.

Buy a new sensor and have a local tire shop use their TPMS sensor meter check to see which isn't transmitting, but walking up to each tire with their meter.

A Mavis did it for me and found my dead sensor in about 4 minutes. 1 Minute per tire to check.

Then charged me $20 to swap in the new one. great deal and very fair

Believe it or not, the Subaru dealer closest to me (who I won't use for service but only parts) was offering a 20% off online parts store discount, and they allowed local pickup to avoid shipping cost. Their price was great and I picked up 30 mins after placing the order!

Archived