LegacyGT.com

Will a stock muffler from '18 WRX STi fit '06 OBXT

Scoobiidoo

Don't think so. As I recall, the flanges/pipe stubs have to be cut, rotated, extended a bit and rewelded. Others will chime in to confirm or deny.

Edit: Was thinking 08-14 STI, source: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2011-sti-mufflers-wagon-178311.html?t=178311&highlight=2011+sti+mufflers

That said, I recall the catbacks for the 08-14 STI sedan and the 15+ STI being compatible

If the 06 OBXT is anything like my 09 liberty was, you'd be looking at cutting and welding the hangers otherwise they will hang too low. The rest bolted up but the flanges didn't seal perfectly.

Overall I think if you're good with a welder you can make it work. If paying someone else to do it then I'd probably look at something used/aftermarket for your car.

Don't think so. As I recall, the flanges/pipe stubs have to be cut, rotated, extended a bit and rewelded. Others will chime in to confirm or deny.

Edit: Was thinking 08-14 STI, source: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2011-sti-mufflers-wagon-178311.html?t=178311&highlight=2011+sti+mufflers

That said, I recall the catbacks for the 08-14 STI sedan and the 15+ STI being compatible

To confirm, 08-14 catback exhaust(Y pipe + mufflers) fits with an extension on the Y pipe? But mufflers by itself need to be cut, rotated, extended and welded?

Thanks

Post 28 in that thread says that if keeping stock BL/BP y-pipe, the pipes/flanges on the mufflers had to be cut up, rotated, extended and welded. Not sure on using the 08-14 y-pipe.

Thanks. I was going by Post#96 Y pipe + mufflers.

I think I am going to go ahead and buy it. For $75 I don't think I have anything to lose. It's not going to be pretty cuz I haven't welded for a long long :redface:

Archived