LegacyGT.com

Saab 9-5 Sedan vs Legacy GT

Thankfully I know that GM merely took a Chevy Malibu and stuck the iginition switch between the seats. Every time I see the ad run, I can't help but think "Malibu inspired" ...and for 35 grand??! Pahleaseee GM -nice try.

Just consider that most people don't pay sticker on a Saab. And strangely, despite depreciation, Saab leases are generally quite fair. They are solid highway cruisers, getting 30mpg hwy easily, have tons of passing power, great safety featuers, and fantastic seats. It is sad that they are so underrated, esp. as certified used vehicles.

^^ agreed w/Dave the 9-5 is still a "REAL SAAB" very nice car...just to damn expensive to maintain. In our area you can get them serviced @ the Chevrolet dealer....:lol::lol:

Yea....that is def. confidence inspiring;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

9-2X, being a slightly nicer WRX, would get my vote. Only assuming the 06's have the 2.5 liter turbo. I would question the quality of true Scandanavian Saabs as the entire company, like the GM parent, is in deep trouble financially.

Listen to the Swede now. Since GM bought SAAB they put it on a strict diet. Instead of putting their money on the 9-3 wagon(which was already developed) they wanted a convertible, and them big boys up close to Canada got a convertible which they can use 10 days a year. At long last they got it that it was a wagon they needed.

And why doesn't it have AWD. Them big wigs think it's to expensive. And why the 9-2 alias Saabaru? Well in the US people in general don't know and don't care about where it comes from. Mind you, people on this forum sure seem to know their things.

GM is notorious when it comes to badge engineering. In my opinion SAAB's been screwed over by GM, but then again I guess I'm partial beeing Swedish an' all.

Peter

Archived