LegacyGT.com

Parasitic Draw?

For those of you still following along at home I am hopeful the issue has been fixed. The dealer says they are 99.9% convinced they have fixed the issue but they are going to keep the car for the weekend just to verify everything on Monday. Drum roll please........

They say it is the Body Integrated Unit (BIU).

The dealer has had the vehicle for 29 of the 53 days I have owned the vehicle. In order to try to compensate me I am getting the following from Subaru and the dealer.

1. A zero deductible 7 year, 100K warranty.

2. A Subaru remote start. They don't want me putting the Viper back in.

3. 3M hood and door edge guard film. This is something I thought about when I bought the vehicle but skipped. It's the only thing I really wish the vehicle had so the dealer agreed to throw it into the deal.

In the end, despite the fact the car died twice before the remote start was put it, I knew I could not say with 100% certainty that the Viper system played no part in the issue. The dealer also acknowledged they could not say for certain it did, despite some past experiences they had.

So in the end it appears as though I will get my car back, with a remote start not really of my preference, with some protective film and extended warranty thrown in.

I wish none of this had happened but I feel that Subaru and the dealer have been decent about the entire process.

Wish me luck on Monday.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this works out, I think you're made whole.

I agree. I don't know if it is because I did not act like an a-hole, or the fact that I have purchased 5 Subaru's over the last 20 years, or if Subaru just really tries to do the right thing. But I feel about as good as I possibly could given the miserable experience.

The only thing I asked for was the 3M film and the service manager quickly agreed.

I have $600 into installing and removing the Viper system. I consider the Subaru remote start a bit of a step back but it will more than suffice.

So in effect I got the warranty and the film for my troubles. They didn’t have to offer the Subaru remote start but I considered it fair since I had money into a remote start that is sitting in my house.

The compensation was totally painless. The thing to note however is that I never raised my voice, ranted or made a scene. I knew it could end badly if I acted poorly.

Archived