LegacyGT.com

Turbo Heat Shield

Installed today.

5eeb78aee9411de0746d15b1834ea7bc.jpg

Found my up pipe has been replaced with stock with cat :-(

Very disappointed a shop would do that without my approval. And dismayed it took me this long to notice it. I put an aftermarket on years ago I can only assume when the motor was rebuilt they did not reinstall it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the heat shield to install?

Pretty easy. I was missing the upper bracket so I had to source one from Subaru. Just remove the Intercooler and its all right there. The lower bracket bolt was the hardest. Overall I would say it was a 2 out of 10 of the difficulty scale. 10 being the hardest of course.

• 1 month later...
Installed today.

5eeb78aee9411de0746d15b1834ea7bc.jpg

Found my up pipe has been replaced with stock with cat :-(

Very disappointed a shop would do that without my approval. And dismayed it took me this long to notice it. I put an aftermarket on years ago I can only assume when the motor was rebuilt they did not reinstall it.

I would like to amend this. Upon further investigation it appears that in fact I have an STI up pipe forgot they had installed that when they rebuilt the motor. It was years ago. But don’t want to be putting bad info out! I do have a new one on order that is coated but seems to be backordered so far.

I use both. Thermal Zero turbo wrap and Cobb heat shield over the top.

I do the same but OCD lmao, ceramic coating, thermal wrap, cut Oem shield and then an aftermarket shield.

Haven't done it to the spec B yet, but a turbo change is in the near future so I am saving my time lol

Archived