LegacyGT.com

LGT Hood Swap

If you get a hood scoop you can join the many thousands of 96-99 Outback owners with 165 naturally aspirated hp - and a hood scoop. It made the car look ridiculous - silly poser waste of money. Just think of the actually useful stuff that could have been done with the $$ - adjustable variable speed wipers; good speakers.

But why not get one from an STI? It's even bigger!

Take your car to an autocross or get involved in some real motorsport competition. Then you will care less about what the red light crowd thinks.

I just don't look at them, and when the light turns green, I take off as I normally would. Besides, street racing is about the dumbest crap ever, not to mention illegal, unsafe, and stupid. So let those losers front on your N/A and even let them pull you at the light. ///A one car street race isn't a race, it's a dork in his car trying to look cool while endagering everyone else.

I'm tellin' ya, the man's a d-d Hemingway!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I've actually got some ideas running about this setup. It would require some work, and the results are unknown...

I don't have O2 sensors on my snorkus, so for me to make my Airbox meet a Hood Scoop is probably more do-able than I give it credit for. Hardest thing I can think of off hand is making the Airbox and Hood Scoop interior parts fit, and seal properly. I could probably use the standard panel filter.

Honestly though, Me doing an STi swap is more likely than me custom building an Airbox/hoodscoop.

Wow, thought this thread had died out but all the post brought it back. Still deciding if I will go through with this. I don't to do really anything to this car, just want it to last like 10 years as I have heard about Subbies. If anything first up will be the foglight kit, then maybe LGT side mirrors, then maybe the hood....yeah and I need tint soon too....lol

Thanks for all the replies, appreciate it.

Archived