LegacyGT.com

LGT Hood Swap

I know that I would be a complete tool and ricer to switch out the stock 2.5i hood for a GT one but that hood just sets the car off right. I really wish I could have purchased the LGT from the start, but with the negative equity from my crappy Nissan it wasn't in my budget. So I guess I can dream to actually have that hood because I know how much flaming I would get if I didn't have a TMIC under the hood for the hoodscoop. *sigh*

Just remember.. Don't give a crap what other people think, do what makes you happy. I myself plan on getting a hood /w scoop at some point, be it a GT hood or aftermarket. Then again, I do at some point plan on a WRX or STi Swap.. but thats many many months from now.

I agree with you guys but seriously....say I am out and some punk in some mustang or even boosted civic or something rolls up next to me and see the hoodscoop. There is no way my auto 2.5i will be able to hang with them. I would rather not have to deal with that, because we have so many people in my area that would do that too...lol.

I wonder how much the hoods go for.....might need to call my local subbie dealer.

I agree with you guys but seriously....say I am out and some punk in some mustang or even boosted civic or something rolls up next to me and see the hoodscoop. There is no way my auto 2.5i will be able to hang with them. I would rather not have to deal with that, because we have so many people in my area that would do that too...lol.

I wonder how much the hoods go for.....might need to call my local subbie dealer.

I just don't look at them, and when the light turns green, I take off as I normally would. Besides, street raicing is about the dumbest crap ever, not to mention illegal, unsafe, and stupid. So let those losers front on your N/A and even let them pull you at the light. In the end, your car has 10,000X more class, and refinement than their modded shitbox, and if they decide to try and prove themselves let them. A one car street race isn't a race, it's a dork in his car trying to look cool while endagering everyone else. If you do nothing to encourage them to front on you, then you shouldn't be embarassed to sit there, and let them rev on you and burn you off the line. Just smile politely, and do what you always do. I take comfort in knowing I don't need to prove my cars worth to dime a dozen shitbox honda's, and 4Cyl & V6 Domestic's wearing fart cans.

Its not like you have to race them or anything. There is no law stating that you have to street race when a mustang or boosted civic pulls up next to you.

Also, is the 2.5i hood steel? If it is, then just say you got the GT hood for a weight savings advantage :p

I don't know why you would even be worried about it. Don't sweat it if you put a hood on with a non functional hood scoop. Ford has been putting those on Mustangs for years now. :lol: I kind of like having a Subaru and being one of the only types of car on the road that actually has a functional hood scoop. I don't think people really pay much attention to it anyway. Besides.... the Legacy is a sleeper. You aren't likely going to get reved on at a stoplight anyway. Ricers tend to rev on other ricers and Mustangs are too cool to rev on anybody. They just race themselves between stoplights. lol

edit: And at 175 HP with the weight of the GT it would be hard to keep up with a lot of cars bone stock. You don't need to be worried about V8s and turbo Civics. You didn't buy a race car so don't be disappointed if it doesn't drive like one. I'm not knocking the choice to get the 2.5i at all. You've got AWD going for you and luxury that Civics don't have. However, if you pull side to side with an RSX Type-S or an Si then you should know that you don't stand a chance.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

$358 in primer black was the price quoted to me by Norwood Subaru, MA.

i didn't get a GT cuz i think turbo won't hold up reali well in harsh weather like socal has as my friend told me. and LA's daily community is reali bad, gas is sky rocketing... >.< but ya 2.5i is great for me, tho i'd reali love a hood with scoop o.O bump!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

if you want a hood with a scoop and have the cash to buy it. then just go buy it. who cares what other people think of your car, its yours not theirs.

socal aint harsh driving, living in the northeast is harsh. any place that gets all 4 seasons will be alot harsher then LA.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

Sorry for the delayed replies and thanks to everyone. I will have to keep an eye out for those who get the FMIC and want to possibly trade hoods. I got this car after trading in my SpecV and wanted to have something that I didn't want to mod. And I don't knock the performance of this car at all. The whole package inside and out runs CIRCLES around the crappy Nissan I had before. I see myself being a Subbie owner for life.

I haven't had too many people rev up next to me. I have had maybe a handful - actually pretty funny story about when I was driving into work one day. I was driving down a one lane city street in a light rain and this accord was on my butt the whole time. So I come to a red light and he gets beside me like he is going to make a right at the light...but I could tell he was just going to try to take off when the light turns green. So I see the other light turn yellow and he starts creeping up a little...so the light turns green and I hit the gas with a little power and take off while I hear his wheels spinning in the rain. I just started laughing at the joys of AWD :D

If it's gonna be a pain in the ass for you, then you already have your answer. it def does look better tho. I hate those punks too. Those are the kids that make the roads dangerous. they pull some seriously unsafe moves like it's a video game & you just hit reset if you crash

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

And it does make the car look better.

+1 for looks.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Dooode just do like I did. 20 bucks on ebay for the scoop cut the hole, glassed it in, sent it to macco. Total was 145.00 w/ glass and paint. Ohhh and the 3 days with no hood was fun, total cold air intake. Those civics are weak, I call them bellybuttons cuz everyone has one. Who wants a me2 car. "I gotta civic" "me2" "I gotta mustang" "me2". "I gotta a subie" "sweeet"

Archived