LegacyGT.com

Does anyone know what this hose goes to? I’m completely stumped

I just finished swapping a lower mile ej25d into my 98 outback and can’t for the life of me figure out what this hose goes to. I suspect it might be a vacuum line which would account for the rough idle im trying to diagnose. Any and all help is gladly appreciated 241c877fa67da2cdb11028a4edbd3547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something with full manifold vacuum as it is on the engine side of the throttle plate. I don't remember my 2.2 having a vacuum nipple at that location, and right now it is under a pile of snow. If no one has responded by the time I'm dug out I'll double check mine.

Looks like your index finger is pointed at the line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator at the end of the fuel rail. Is there a charcoal canister purge solenoid under the intake about where your pinky is? Also, mine does not have EGR, so I don't know what the line for that looks like, but I think that would be on the driver's side where ever that hose reaches if you rotate it 180 degrees. It's not PCV or brake booster.

I went to go look at my car since I was sure it had that same thing, but I remembered I swapped intakes with a later 2.2 BUT looking over all of my old pictures. It looks like it goes off to the left side of the throttle body and connects to a little vacuum solenoid attached to the underside of the intake manifold.

Archived