LegacyGT.com

Forum updates (software)

Tide

We've been working hard behind the scenes on moving the LegacyGT.com site over to the latest vBulletin Forum software. The new features and security fixes are greatly appreciated and I hope all the folks who come here enjoy the new options. Please report any 'issues' that I may have missed to this thread. Current known issues:

Reviews doesn't quite work well (to be updated soon).

If your vBGarage is "missing" please reply here.

If you are seeing "oddities", flush your cache.

Enjoy!

-Tide

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Switch Editor?

There are three new buttons on the right, one for spell check, one to make the editing window longer or shorter and a third that says switch editor but im not quite sure what it switches, on my browser the font that im typing in gets a lil bigger and the background changes to white

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Ah, must be IE only, don't see it in Safari or Firefox.

Au Contraire Mon Friar! '

Ohhhhh edit mode is neat... and as you can see the spell check button doesnt show up but the size and editor buttons do

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/auc.gif

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Ah, must be IE only, don't see it in Safari or Firefox.

It's there in Firefox. It lets you see what the message looks like (no text formatting code) as you are typing it up.

But, I don't see the spell check button.

Reading through posts it’s hard to decipher the new posts from the old posts. In the old version the new posts would be a slightly different color. Anyway to bring this view back? anyway keep up the good work!

It still works Rich, it just all the posts got reset after the install of the new software :)

It still works Rich, it just all the posts got reset after the install of the new software :)

No it doesn’t (at least for me) maybe I’m explaining it wrong…if there is a thread with say 50 posts I read it then go away for 2 hrs and come back and read the thread again (say its at 56 posts now) there is no was to determine where the 6 new posts, from the past 2 hrs start (yes I can count up 6 in this case, but normally the posts have a tan color)

Is the PM limit new? I don't remember it being 500 before. Thanks if it's new! Thanks again if it was there before. 500 is generous for a forum to offer.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I'm really lost now, is this in thread view or in the actual posts?

No it doesn’t (at least for me) maybe I’m explaining it wrong…if there is a thread with say 50 posts I read it then go away for 2 hrs and come back and read the thread again (say its at 56 posts now) there is no was to determine where the 6 new posts, from the past 2 hrs start (yes I can count up 6 in this case, but normally the posts have a tan color)

If I go into read a thread, the new post would show up with a tan accent around the boarder (distinguishing them as new since the last time I was logged in), now they don’t.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/images/smilies/bunny.gif

edit for strlabs FF 1.0.7 also

None of the editing buttons work, either in Quick or Advanced mode (ie buttons to bold text... insert image.. etc, none work! :( ) Using Firefox 1.0.7 *sniff* And it looks like the editor is taking things in as straight HTML and not parsing it, ie I enter new lines but after posting it's all in one line.

-=- Livin life at 140 BPM -=-

Sorry Rich I don't see what you're talking about. Maybe you could take a screenshot and illustrate it. I don't recall any tan border anywhere on the site and have both templates old and new still running, and can't find what you are referring to. It is also possible the border did not show on Safari but I don't own a PC to look. Does anyone else see this?

Archived