LegacyGT.com

Brake Cleaner - Who has the best deals?

This thread is inspired by the Rotella T6 thread where people chimed in on where they found Rotella the cheapest. As I was reading it, I was thinking to myself how I wish there was a thread for brake clean - I go through bottles of those like nobody's business. I'm down to my last bottle and need to stock up.

Me, I don't really care about chlorinated vs. non-chlorinated, and don't have any loyalty for name brand vs. store brand. I usually wait for some kind of special, and buy everything on the rack. So who has the best deals right now?

Please clue me in, I know I'm guy 64 y/o and have been working on my cars since I was 16y/o. What do you need that stuff for ?

MAF cleaner, yea, I use that like twice a year sometimes. The can I bought years ago I'm still using.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Please clue me in, I know I'm guy 64 y/o and have been working on my cars since I was 16y/o. What do you need that stuff for ?

MAF cleaner, yea, I use that like twice a year sometimes. The can I bought years ago I'm still using.

Brake clean is the Frank's Red Hot of the cleaning solvent world. I put that s*** on everything.

It's just a universal cleaner for any oily parts, any mess, etc.

Brake clean

It's just a universal cleaner for any oily parts, any mess, etc.

Agree. I just don't find the need to be that OCD, ;)

I'm just being a troll today, its raining here in VT, so I'm not out skiing.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, I use it on everything - After doing an oil change, I spray the bolt a couple times to make sure it's clean and dry, so I can see if it leaks afterwards... Or before I open the brake fluid reservoir, I'll spray the cap so dirt doesn't get in the fluid when I open it... Or I'll spray the surfaces before I attach a silicon hose to make sure there isn't any dirt that could create a vacuum leak... Most recently, I was spraying down the top of my PS pump to see if the O-ring was leaking (it was)... It was a habit I got into when I worked at a shop. We went through a case every week it seemed. The customers were always happy to see a super clean and dry engine bay when they got their car back. Especially in the spot where the work was done.

Ever light a car off with brake clean? In my early years of wrenching I was hosing an exhaust down that was covered in oil. It was that day I learned about flash point :lol:

I'll concur on Advance. You could probably talk them into selling you a case (12 cans).

I saw the Supertech online - great deal! Only problem is that they won't ship to a CA address, and on the shelf they're $2.94 and won't match the online price at the register. $2.94 is the same price as they sell the CRC brake cleaner for, so I got some of that instead. Still looking for a good deal on a case.

Archived