LegacyGT.com

Legacy 06

Decide on your goals. Is this a DD or a track car?

Either case your going to need a tune. Mufflers are not going to make much difference on the tune that's more changing the exhaust note. Stock pipes are good for mos DD needs.

Helps for us to know where you are in your profile. Some states/countries are not mod friendly.

So you have replace the stock tmic with a different intercooler ? Which one ?

You should flash Cobb stage 1

Stage 2 is for the down pipe, which you'll want to do along with a catless up pipe.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a 06 legacy and I've installed intake intercooler with coob accessport not installed yet and I'm bout to get muffler what should I get next to feel a full power in boost or should I tune and work from there ????

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you have the Cobb, mate it and do a stage 1 Off The Shelf (OTS) tune from them. You don’t really need a dyno tune until you gut your cats, replace them with catless or high flow catted Down pipe. Your next potential parts to max out at that point are injectors and/or fuel pump. Also do t waste your money on a fancy blow off valve. The stock bypass valve is up to the task for any boost levels you would be safely running on the VF40. On these cars vent to atmosphere BOV’s lead to idle issues and tuning trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you have replace the stock tmic with a different intercooler ? Which one ?

You should flash Cobb stage 1

Stage 2 is for the down pipe, which you'll want to do along with a catless up pipe.

Any of them with metal side tanks not plastic. I have a Perrin TMIC I don’t know if they make it anymore [emoji1742]*[emoji3603]

Any of them with metal side tanks not plastic. I have a Perrin TMIC I don’t know if they make it anymore [emoji1742]*[emoji3603]

Here our my GS's one has the black heat coating. Metal tanks. fit so much better then that stock TB hose POS.

DSCN7058.thumb.JPG.52e35654e833b6b2eaa8194884a2e4b4.JPG

DSCN7059.thumb.JPG.7b3877aaf6dc240fa12fcb0b46bcab25.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Here our my GS's one has the black heat coating. Metal tanks. fit so much better then that stock TB hose POS.

[ATTACH]271928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]271929[/ATTACH]

Nice !

• 10 months later...
Thank you I appreciate help pal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So its been a while, how's the car running ?

Don't be afraid to post here more often. Ask us questions before you spend your money on the car.

So, lets get back to basics. You put a GS tmic on back a while ago, and things were fine.

You installed Cobb AP V3 stage 1 a while ago.

What are the CEL codes ?