LegacyGT.com

Auto Lock door feature

Greetings all,

I was just in a Legacy loaner car. I presume 2017 or 18. I noticed when I put my car into gear, the doors auto locked. Does anyone know if there is a software upgrade for the 2015 to get it to auto lock the doors?

Thanks.

It's a new feature MY2018 and up. You can customize it to lock based on a few conditions. Don't remember all the options. in/out of park, turn off the engine and after reaching speed; I believe.

My wife loves this feature, but I hate it. I get that it makes people feel safe, but it seems another unnecessary automation feature that will break at some point, plus it wears out the locking mechanisms faster than would happen otherwise (to those of us who do not lock their doors while driving in most circumstances).

It should be an option that you can turn on or off as needed. And make it easy to change.

You think that’s annoying, I didn’t bother to read the manual on my new car and when I couldn’t reach the atm, I opened my door and since the car was not in park, it just put itself in park and shut the car off. That was annoying. I had to buy an app and obd2 adapter and code the option off.

It should be an option that you can turn on or off as needed. And make it easy to change.

You think that’s annoying, I didn’t bother to read the manual on my new car and when I couldn’t reach the atm, I opened my door and since the car was not in park, it just put itself in park and shut the car off. That was annoying. I had to buy an app and obd2 adapter and code the option off.

At least it didn't activate the alarm and call the starlink woman coz you were obviously getting carjacked :lol:

Archived