LegacyGT.com

Dealership woes

Brought my spec b into the dealership for some recalls. Secondary air pump relay, brake line corrosion inspection, and Takata airbag recall. When I got the car back I noticed some damage to my vents and dashboard from them prying on it. Manager says they do not need to remove vents to remove dashboard so I'm wondering why the hell a technician pryed the bloody hell out of them for no reason! Should I be pissed? Now they only want to repair some of the damage they caused on vents but not on the dash. Outrageous...

ae95747f969caf60085fd424a9984ad2.jpgbd709c5f55415c87f0f3ec2b9343d045.jpg0941c46d90033f3868259ccae97ff3ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me. My dash did get replaced but they cracked the pass side vent and nothing is lined up like it was before. I'm pretty sure I have at least 30% of the bolts/screws missing. My dash was flawless aside from the tackiness before they touched it. Now it looks like a 10 year old car.

ABSOLUTELY the reason exactly why I will NEVER let dipshit dealer morons work on my car for anything.

My brother took his OB in for the airbag recall and they broke his console, broke his PS kick panel, and broke his armrest on the console. They completely denied it and I told him to immediately threaten to sue them and I would be the ASE tech to back him up and they GRUDGING fixed all of their f**kups (PS kick panel still doesn't fit correctly-I'm going to have to fix it this weekend) and then tried to charge him for it. I told him to drive the car the hell out of there and never go back.

I told the service manager idiot at my local dealer he could give me the airbag for my 05 LGT and I would replace it myself and return the old one to him. He said no way that was going to happen because I wouldn't be capable of putting it in correctly.

After I restrained myself from choking his loser ass, I told him that's why their complete buffoons would never touch my car and he couldn't care less.

My dealer tried selling me a timing belt when I had just done it maybe a year earlier. I took pics prior to them working on it and told the service advisor I can present them if need be. The service manager called after they replaced the dash and asked if I was satisfied. I will never deal with Matt Slap Subaru in Newark, DE ever again. Sad part is I saw the tech who worked on my car and he was driving a white 4th gen legacy.

^same. I keep getting these reminders in the mail, and I keep :rolleyes:.

They've even started calling me every other week or so. I tried to explain to one of them that I might take out the dash myself and take the car in sans-dash, and she was like "ok, so can I put down that you'll be changing the airbag yourself?"... yeah, nope.

They've even started calling me every other week or so. I tried to explain to one of them that I might take out the dash myself and take the car in sans-dash, and she was like "ok, so can I put down that you'll be changing the airbag yourself?"... yeah, nope.

If they will let you do that, then do it. My local dealer is such a jackass, they won't let me.

I’m getting a notice every few weeks on my ‘05 but since it’s a 99% track car I never have anyone in the passenger seat anyway. I did ask the dealer if they would just pull it and not replace it with anything but of course they said no. Did have the same dealer do my ‘08 Outback Since it’s my DD and luckily they did a good job. I just don’t want some hoonigan grease monkey in my track car :)

Archived