LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Oil Pressure Sender

Subaru oil galley adapter is bspt (British standard pipe thread) in the center.1/8” npt (national pipe thread) will not thread into 1/8 bspt. It’s close but will damage threads if attempted. What you need is either an adapter or snubber that is 1/8 npt female to 1/8 bspt male. Or get the pro sport oil galley adapter which is the right fit for the block and already 1/8 npt female in the center. In which case you’d need a snubber that is male and female 1/8 npt. This is all based on your sensor being 1/8 npt male

I guess my question is do these engines have strong enough oil pressure spikes that require us to use a snubber?

Edited by DaveWaters

doesn't look like they have one with mixed fixments.

How much pressure do these motors see like 80 90 psi tops? The spikes are like punches to the sensor, to many of them and it'll be a K.O. A rapid drop or increase in pressure is not good for any pressure sensor in whatever application. With a snubber vs without is like placing your palm on someone's cheek and gradually pushing vs slapping them in the face.... if that makes sense! It's not so much about the amount of pressure overall, moreso when it drops drastically it creates a vacuum which pulls on the sensor, and when it rises rapidly it usually ends up overloading the sensor. If the sensor isn't made to handle spikes then you need a snubber. Most sensors are tailored for gradual changes. System probably spikes everytime the car starts and stops!

Ok just ordered everything! Now for round 2!

I'm going to guess that the high end well made pressure sensors have some sort of snubber involved in the design to deal with pressure spikes vs the average pressure sensor.

Edited by Tehnation

Darn. I'm sorry to have caused so many problems. I installed mine so long ago I must have forgotten that I recut the threads on the sensor to 1/8 bspt using a die. I am very sorry that I didn't mention this before! PM me your paypal if you want me to help pitch in for the cost of the ruined sensor.

lol! No worries! I'm not going to cheat on my hw/exam then get mad because I got a wrong answer..... I could have easily just took a breath and thought about it rather than get a case of the f**k its like i normally do and try to force it... bad things happen when I get a case of the f**k its!

At least we figured everything out and it's all documented for the next guy.

I want to see how well this cheap sensor holds up, 18 for sensor, 8 for adapter, 26 for snubber (its actually 11 dollars but 15 dollars shipping) and 3 bucks or so for the oem plug. So like 55 bucks total.

• 1 year later...

Hey Rhino, what gauge and wiring did you use? I'm looking into a 52mm pod.

I have it in the block already ready to go. I think its 3 wires, so I need a cable with 3 wires and a gauge, but I'm not sure what gauge works with those 3 wires or how to wire it.

Any help!?

Hey Rhino, what gauge and wiring did you use? I'm looking into a 52mm pod.

I have it in the block already ready to go. I think its 3 wires, so I need a cable with 3 wires and a gauge, but I'm not sure what gauge works with those 3 wires or how to wire it.

Any help!?

You are using an aem gauge? any model number and or size?
No gauge. Wired to tgvs and using btssm.