LegacyGT.com

LGT Wagon Exhaust?

That seems to be a little raspy for my taste

For the drone, how far do the tips come out from the rear bumper ?

Or are they a little short ?

About 2 inches short like you said. XForce said it would fit the wagon which I guess it does but ya it could use an inch or two more.

I would prefer it to be quieter but at least when you’re driving it it’s not too obnoxious. I did hear it drive off at the tire shop and it sounds pretty good. If I get into it hard you can hear me coming for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 2 inches short like you said. XForce said it would fit the wagon which I guess it does but ya it could use an inch or two more.

I would prefer it to be quieter but at least when you’re driving it it’s not too obnoxious. I did hear it drive off at the tire shop and it sounds pretty good. If I get into it hard you can hear me coming for sure!

If only I could make it sound like a GT350.....

[emoji1]

There is a theory that if you extend the tips out past the bummer the drone is much less.

I think we've talked about the a muffler insert in the ID's of the tips, you and get them from a motor cycle shop. I have a link saved on my PC at home. I'm on my lap top now in VT.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Man, the X-Force catback for the 08-14 WRX/STI is considered one of the quietest cheaper exhaust options - I wonder why the LGT is so much louder. Sounds good to my ear aside from that, though

I do have a catless DP I’m sure that makes it louder a bit. I drove it a couple hundred miles the other day on the highway and unless it is at 4000 rpm or higher I can barely hear the drone. It’s 3 inch all the way from the turbo back to the bumper.

Archived