LegacyGT.com

Rear Camber on 05 GT

gjeff80

My legacy has been wearing the insides of the rear tires, I took it in to have it aligned and the rear camber is roughly -2.25 degrees in. I know the camber is not adjustable without replacing the bushing, but am wondering if anyone has used the replacement bushings that allow the camber to be adjusted. It sounds like they only add +/- 1 degree which wouldn't even get my alignment where it is supposed to me.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My legacy has been wearing the insides of the rear tires, I took it in to have it aligned and the rear camber is roughly -2.25 degrees in. I know the camber is not adjustable without replacing the bushing, but am wondering if anyone has used the replacement bushings that allow the camber to be adjusted. It sounds like they only add +/- 1 degree which wouldn't even get my alignment where it is supposed to me.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Are you lowered on coilovers or lowering springs? I'm on coilovers and I think my rear camber was around -2.0ish with all stock bushings and arms in the rear. The whiteline bushing is a relatively inexpensive way to bring your camber back into spec but if that isn't enough for you, there is the rear camber and toe arms kit. Remember though that it isn't necessarily negative camber that kills tires but rather your toe

I used Moog adjustable control arms (Rock Auto) to get the alignment I wanted (0.5* camber and 0 toe at all 4 corners). They are relatively inexpensive and are much easier to adjust than offset bushings. The adjustment range is large so you should be able to correct your camber to factory values. The toe-in and large negative camber from the factory make for massive understeer; you can get things in balance by adding front camber, but I like the nimble feel and good tire wear using low camber and 0 toe in the back.

informenter-marker-1.png

I used Moog adjustable control arms (Rock Auto) to get the alignment I wanted (0.5* camber and 0 toe at all 4 corners). They are relatively inexpensive and are much easier to adjust than offset bushings. The adjustment range is large so you should be able to correct your camber to factory values. The toe-in and large negative camber from the factory make for massive understeer; you can get things in balance by adding front camber, but I like the nimble feel and good tire wear using low camber and 0 toe in the back.

informenter-marker-1.png

You have a different generation Legacy which you can get Moog adjustable control arms. On the 4th gen Legacys your only options for rear camber adjustment is either the offset bushing or new toe and camber arms

• 1 month later...
You have a different generation Legacy which you can get Moog adjustable control arms. On the 4th gen Legacys your only options for rear camber adjustment is either the offset bushing or new toe and camber arms

Which brand would you recommend for the rear camber arms? I've already replaced the stock adjustments bolts/bushings for the toe adjustment. I'm leaning more towards new arms instead of the bushings as I've read mixed reviews on the bushings being noisy.

Which brand would you recommend for the rear camber arms? I've already replaced the stock adjustments bolts/bushings for the toe adjustment. I'm leaning more towards new arms instead of the bushings as I've read mixed reviews on the bushings being noisy.

Seems like most of the forum goes with the Whiteline kit. I've had a couple of friends who have used the rear toe and camber arms from Megan Racing with alright results.

• 5 weeks later...
just to confirm the toe arm is also known as the front rear-lateral link, and the camber arm as the lower lateral link? To adjust rear toe, would just the former suffice, assuming coilovers and stock lower lateral link?

I was able to get my rear toe to 0 on the stock suspension other than coilovers.

But neither the toe or camber seem to be adjustable on the stock lateral arms; can i ask how you did it?

My alignment after installing coilovers shows rear camber -1.1, -1.3 and rear toe -.11,-.11 both before and after alignment; apparently the shop doesn't know how to do it either.

But neither the toe or camber seem to be adjustable on the stock lateral arms; can i ask how you did it?

My alignment after installing coilovers shows rear camber -1.1, -1.3 and rear toe -.11,-.11 both before and after alignment; apparently the shop doesn't know how to do it either.

I believe there's a bolt on the inside portion of the control arm to adjust toe. Generally cars won't have camber adjustment in the rear but I haven't seen a car without adjustment for toe in the rear

Is it the eccentric bolt on the lower rear lateral arm? So then the rear lower lateral arm from an aftermarket kit would adjust toe, and the front lateral arm would adjust camber?

i really wonder why my alignment didnt do this; maybe it is maxed out.

Reference link 1

Reference link 2

It isprobably wrong butmy intuition thinks the front lateral arm would adjust toe, but also i cant remember whereit even attaches; I am a begginer and appreciate your help.

Archived