LegacyGT.com

Can someone explain something to me please?

Whereabouts are you located? Assuming your car is VIN code C (FB25?), I'm showing a few motors at wreckers in the Detroit area. Cheapest is 800 bucks with 130k on it

I live in South Carolina. I think getting an engine from Michigan would be expensive yes?

• 2 weeks later...
It sounds like your car is back up and running based off this thread

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/could-sounds-bei-276547.html?t=276547

Did the engine need to be rebuilt, or was it something cheaper and easier?

You're right it is back in my possession.

They had to rebuild one of the heads.

They replaced all the valves, the timing chain, the crankshaft sprocket, 1 camshaftand all the gaskets to get to that point.

Total repair cost was $2975.

I had to take a loan out from my personal bank.

Based on my interest rate and the amount I'm paying I should have it paid off by 2023 and will have paid close to $4700.

I still want to raise money to pay that off faster.

Glad to hear you're back and running without a crazy amount of expense.

With all due consideration to your financial and personal situation -- I don't have all the details except what you shared... what are you doing driving a fairly late model car?

If it's between your rent and your car, the margins are way too tight! Maybe you can find a little part-time work or a better paying job. Those 20% plus interest rates hurt.

I thought you showed excellent discretion in avoiding a plea for money on GoFundMe on this site. Don't expect much there -- there are plenty of car repair stories awaiting a donation.

BTW, I'm a certified financial planner so I've seen plenty. Learn some new habits, make some tough choices and you'll be much better off in the long run.

Glad to hear you're back and running without a crazy amount of expense.

With all due consideration to your financial and personal situation -- I don't have all the details except what you shared... what are you doing driving a fairly late model car?

If it's between your rent and your car, the margins are way too tight! Maybe you can find a little part-time work or a better paying job. Those 20% plus interest rates hurt.

I thought you showed excellent discretion in avoiding a plea for money on GoFundMe on this site. Don't expect much there -- there are plenty of car repair stories awaiting a donation.

BTW, I'm a certified financial planner so I've seen plenty. Learn some new habits, make some tough choices and you'll be much better off in the long run.

Thank you for that.

I feel bad about asking for financial assistance on anything, and this was no exception.

When I bought the car back in January, the margins weren't so tight. I didn't have this huge repair, and I was living on my own.

Now I have a girlfriend who has a car. We put it on my insurance because she's a first time driver.

She's also now living with me. So all my bills cost more than I had initially planned for. Her job only pays her enough to keep her car and phone as well as a small bit of help for the insurance.

Essentially life over the span of a whole year really made things difficult for myself and her too.

I've been trying all year to work harder and longer to make myself look worthy for a promotion. I still don't have that promotion.

I'm going to play out the remander of this year. If either of us get a promotion or a better job then I can afford to keep it. I just really don't want to pay for a loan for a repair on a car that I no longer own. I at least want something in exchange for my debt.

That's ultimately why I am in this situation.

Archived